• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

The Pep Ventosa Technique

Petach

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2011
UK, Essex

Jim McClain

Regular
Nov 10, 2018
Teh REAL Northern California
I like the telephone booth a lot. I'd never seen Pep's work before. Pretty awesome, although some series weren't as interesting to me. I especially like the trees, the carousels and the streetcars. I wonder if there is a tutorial on any of that? Well, to answer my own question, yes, there are several good tutorials... rather, interpretations of his technique on a few websites. Beautiful stuff. Inspiring.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Jul 13, 2011
Lexington, Virginia
Makes me wonder why I even raise a camera to me eye.
For the joy of taking pictures. :biggrin: Seriously, I always remember that Vivian Maier didn't develop a huge portion of her film. The act of taking pictures was obviously something she needed. I think one problem with digital is that a few disappointing playbacks and you get too discouraged.

Petach

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2011
UK, Essex
I think it all depends on an infinite number of equations.......only 1 of which is perfect. The balance of layer types (Light, overlay, soft light, multiply etc and opacity/fill values, and the order you put your layers into PS. You could spend hours on a photo.......but... hey winter is upon us; something to do on those long cold dark nights!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom