The Pep Ventosa Technique

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
I like the telephone booth a lot. I'd never seen Pep's work before. Pretty awesome, although some series weren't as interesting to me. I especially like the trees, the carousels and the streetcars. I wonder if there is a tutorial on any of that? Well, to answer my own question, yes, there are several good tutorials... rather, interpretations of his technique on a few websites. Beautiful stuff. Inspiring.

Makes me wonder why I even raise a camera to me eye.
For the joy of taking pictures. :D Seriously, I always remember that Vivian Maier didn't develop a huge portion of her film. The act of taking pictures was obviously something she needed. I think one problem with digital is that a few disappointing playbacks and you get too discouraged.

I think it all depends on an infinite number of equations.......only 1 of which is perfect. The balance of layer types (Light, overlay, soft light, multiply etc and opacity/fill values, and the order you put your layers into PS. You could spend hours on a photo.......but... hey winter is upon us; something to do on those long cold dark nights!

Back