Challenge! The Photo Below Me (TPBM)

BEE6.jpg

Kodak DCS200ir, 55mm F2.8 Micro-Nikkor. R60 filter.
I got Photo-Bombed by a Bee.

The Photo Below Me was taken at a Celebration. After all, it is New Year's Eve.

What camera is this, Brian? A Kodak...?
Yes- a Kodak DCS200ir, ~1992. I called Kodak and spoke with the engineers to have a run of KAF-1600 CCD's made without the integrated IR filter. Mine is the first one made.
Working in the Optical Sciences Division has advantages. Years later in 2009, I called the same group and asked for a Monochrome version of the M9. I got the same guy, he remembered the IR Kodak. Preaching to the choir, they wanted to do a monochrome M8. So- brought up the Monochrome M9 with Leica. "Two for Two, Baby!"

Last edited:
shirley_templea.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Canon P with 1955 KMZ Jupiter-3, 5cm F1.5, wide-open.
Shirley Temple.

And since being asked about a 30+ year old Digital Camera,

The Photo Below Me was taken with an old Digital Camera.

Yes- a Kodak DCS200ir, ~1992. I called Kodak and spoke with the engineers to have a run of KAF-1600 CCD's made without the integrated IR filter. Mine is the first one made.
Working in the Optical Sciences Division has advantages. Years later in 2009, I called the same group and asked for a Monochrome version of the M9. I got the same guy, he remembered the IR Kodak. Preaching to the choir, they wanted to do a monochrome M8. So- brought up the Monochrome M9 with Leica. "Two for Two, Baby!"
I didn't even know that digital cameras existed then. My 286 pc was running DOS in 1993, or maybe Windows 3?

Back