The Power of the Camera Phone

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
My first grandchild was born on Mother's day. My wife is there with my daughter, but I'm at home holding down the fort. I'm getting a stream of photos because it's so easy to take and send them. Photography is alive and well.
IMG_0379-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMG_0382-L.jpg

IMG_2846-L.jpg

IMG_0381-L.jpg

IMG_0384-L.jpg

IMG_0383-L.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!

And yep. It's the only camera you (more or less) ALWAYS have with you. When it's hot out, and I'm going for a long bike ride, it's hard to bring a real camera. But the phone slips into a jersey pocket...

Cell phones have reached the stage where the IQ is good enough to be a given. I've been fascinated by how quickly these images have spread among family and friends, allowing those far away to be part of an event. Images are powerful and the ability to disseminate them in real time resonates with with the human sense of community. An image of a new member of the family is a deeply emotional experience. It's hardly a new insight but for me this is a very personal example of the the power of the combination of imaging and communication.

I hadn't given much thought to the instantaneous nature of cel hone photography, but it is pretty amazing. Literally within seconds, all involved can view these photos of the latest family member.

Congrats to you and all those involved. Beautiful memories.

Back