The Pub now asking for photo-ID.

Sheesh! It's not enough every site needs a password, now I have to show photo ID? :) Actually, it's been fun seeing what the people I've come to recognize look like. I'm surprised and a little relieved so many share my aversion to being photographed ourselves!

OK, first, a scan from a contact sheet of the photos from my first wedding (in the 70's). The original has gone on a visit, but I'm sure it will turn up someday. Nonetheless, this gives you an idea of what deep in my heart I still think I look like. Needless to say, every morning's first look in the mirror is a new, rude awakening!
10407452104_ced7c8ba26_o.jpg

then by rubyj29, on Flickr

Me as I am today, pretty nearly. After my first husband died, I remarried. Steve was a classmate of mine in college and a friend to me and Jim for many, many years. His job takes him to Canterbury, Kent, once a year. This year he stayed there for a term and I was fortunate enough to spend January and February with him. We made a weekend trip to Paris, and when a cute Japanese couple approached us, smiling and holding out their camera, Steve thought quickly and handed them ours!
10407488276_020d168282_o.jpg

now by rubyj29, on Flickr

Oh, barkeep, make mine a cider. Bibbenden, if you've got it.

Susan you look as though you were having a wonderful time on both of those occasions which means you are ever young! By the way, one of the best things about this pub is that Bill is the world's most obliging barkeep who can always get you exactly what you'd like to drink - so Bibbenden it is!:drinks:

And Fiddler, I couldn't agree with you more!
Age is variable and depends on how much fun is being had in the present moment

My father's son

On the subject of looking like one's parent, I completely understand. The last time I visited my sister in Colorado she said, "Oh my God, Larry; you look just like Dad!". Since then, I've lost thirty pounds, so now I look like a thinner version (though by no means thin!) of my father at the same age. This shot was taken by a friend to whom I'd handed the Sigma DP2S so she could play with it. 400 iso, indoors at a restaurant table, f2.8.

LR_-0058_email.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was just flicking back a few pages here to try and see when I last put a selfie up and lo and behold I picked yours Lawrence, from almost a year ago. You really have lost 30 pounds and presumably your dear little dog too :(

New camera arrived and my wife wanted to know what it was. I explained that it was my new manual focus-only camera. I handed the GXR with the Voigtlander Nokton classic 35mm f1.4 to her and showed her where the focus ring was and explained the focus peaking to her. Looks like she's got it all figured out. Also, I stopped shaving about 2 weeks ago.....she's not crazy about it (the facial hair....not the camera), but it won't likely last. I don't grow a very good beard.

p.s. - she was very proud of herself for cropping out my bald spot in the composition instead of asking me to do it post......it must be love.

11524582235_da59bb8152_c.jpg

R0011026 by opt out of new experience, on Flickr

I have posted these elsewhere on the forum.....but here goes.

I hate having my photo taken, unless I am doing it. Even then, I need a prop to hide behind.

I took this one for a business card, but on reflection it is likely to scare people off.

11485063666_a82e05a99c_c.jpg

Selfie !!!! by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

This next one was for a laugh. I am into displacement distortion maps in PS and created this malevolent looking guy using someone else's clown make up and transplanted to my own. The map blends it in to make it look like your own skin.

11484957055_69bf40a7c9_c.jpg

Selfie !!!!! by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Pete I couldn't even look at the second one. Had to quickly scroll past it... me and clowns are a no-go. First one is (typically) incredible, though. You look like you're taking a picture of your next mugging victim.

I have posted these elsewhere on the forum.....but here goes.

I hate having my photo taken, unless I am doing it. Even then, I need a prop to hide behind.

I took this one for a business card, but on reflection it is likely to scare people off.

11485063666_a82e05a99c_c.jpg

Selfie !!!! by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

This next one was for a laugh. I am into displacement distortion maps in PS and created this malevolent looking guy using someone else's clown make up and transplanted to my own. The map blends it in to make it look like your own skin.

11484957055_69bf40a7c9_c.jpg

Selfie !!!!! by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

I'd hire the first guy AND I'd pay him on time! The second frightens me. But it inspires me to read up on distortion maps

Sent from my MB865 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Back