The Pub now asking for photo-ID.

Nice set of wheels.

Thanks, Bill. I've not got that one now, I swapped it for another of the same colour with a bigger engine & more suited to long distance touring. Photo below, we're doing another Euro tour this coming June in it. moslty France but with a little run into Spain and possibly Italy if we have the time.

BB - You're too kind, but I still got a lot of funny looks from the Germans, I think it may have been the hat :)

View attachment 83987

View attachment 83988

I love Miatas, BB - or MX5s as we call them in the UK. This is my 3rd one and quite special, it's one of the Mazda limited editions, a Sport Black of which only 500 were made for the UK. This is number 239 according to a little plate inside on the centre console. Mine has modified suspension and a few chassis tweaks so it handles superbly. They're a bit of a bike substutute for me as I've had to cut back my motorcycling the last couple of years - next best thing is a Miata! They're great fun little cars :)

Wait a second - I need to see your Miata, Dewi. I don't have one but, of course, I'd love to. I am, however, a MINI Cooper addict.

That's a Lexus in the photo isn't it? Or am I too behind the times to know that a Miata is now a Lexus but it certainly isn't black?!:eek:

Wait a second - I need to see your Miata, Dewi. I don't have one but, of course, I'd love to. I am, however, a MINI Cooper addict.

That's a Lexus in the photo isn't it? Or am I too behind the times to know that a Miata is now a Lexus but it certainly isn't black?!:eek:

Yes, that's my Miata, BB. And yes it's red, they made them in dayglo green, red and black - green being the most common, and I don't think I've ever seen an actual black one. Confusing isn't it? It's the later mk3.5 Miata from 2011 and no - nothing to do with Lexus. Mazda are allegedly launching the long overdue Mk4 later this year, or early 2015.

D :)

Hey Dewi,
my buddy had a first gen MX-5. He called her Emma Peel :) He and I were hitting the thrift stores and pawn shops. He looked for guitars and I looked for records. We didn't find much that day, but we did find a HUGE TV for our bachelor party pad. It was the middle of winter, but the deal was too good to pass up. So we put the top down and wedged in the "back seat" the best we could, but this was a long time ago and TVs were much bulkier back then. We must have looked like quite the fools driving through the snow with the top down and giant TV hanging out the back. There's my little Miata story you.

Hey Dewi,
my buddy had a first gen MX-5. He called her Emma Peel :) He and I were hitting the thrift stores and pawn shops. He looked for guitars and I looked for records. We didn't find much that day, but we did find a HUGE TV for our bachelor party pad. It was the middle of winter, but the deal was too good to pass up. So we put the top down and wedged in the "back seat" the best we could, but this was a long time ago and TVs were much bulkier back then. We must have looked like quite the fools driving through the snow with the top down and giant TV hanging out the back. There's my little Miata story you.

Nice story, Luke. Alas you'd not get a TV - or anything else - in the "back seat" of a modern MX5 / Miata. That's where the hood is is now stored on the ragtop and on my version it's where the folding hard top roof goes. They're still great fun though.

2vllm51.jpg

Back