The reason I've lost three fowl in the last month.

Yes, how did you get the photos? In any case, that would be a nice hide to tan after you get the job done. Got a nice .22 ( like a 22 fireball or a 223 etc.)? Good luck getting the shot opportunity. Let us know how it works out. Always love a good hunting story.

As we intrude further into their territory I think we have to appreciate how resourceful they are. Like us, they are just trying to get by.

We've had mountain lions in Berkeley in the middle of town. In that case they had to be dealt with. Those kitties will not only walk off with your chicken but also your two year old.

Ask the lady who lost her Pekinese to an Eagle while we were out west :tongue:. All you had to do was the watch the Osprey snaggin' big I mean big trout out of the Yellowstone river to figure that out. When we stayed at the RV park we had coyotes come through in the day and fortunately my dog has a clue. He stayed inside and his trap shut.

I remember one night at another place we camped where he and I were sitting about a small fire we had going while my wife was putting the two boys to bed in our travel trailer. Something real black (it was dark you know) came walking across the area in front of us about 50 - 100 feet away. My dog just froze and watched as whatever it was moved along. Not a peep came out of him.

BTW, he's my prize hunting dog a Springer Spaniel.

Have no idea what he'd do with this size cat hanging about.

I got the shots with my friends hunting camera. It's one of those water proof, 1.3MP jobs that has motion detection and a zeon flash bulb. It works pretty good. Runs on 4 C batteries and it had been out there for a month. I took the card out when the batteries gave up and there were something like several hundred shots since it was set to go off day or night and the chickens running around in the day time had their pictures on it everywhere. I put the images from the card to a folder and erased the card and put new batteries in it.

Out of all those shots, three were what I was looking for. The interesting part to me is he came in at 1 AM and then came back at 3 AM. Either that or he was laying around out there for two hours. I'm going to use the shotgun since I'm afraid if I miss with the 22-250, it will go through the wall and damage something inside the barn. Like my Honda, my wife's Harley or my big riding mower.

I was down in Texas over Thanksgiving and reminded how different they feel about guns than California, at least among the general population. My dad, who is something of a libertarian, is beginning to get concerned about all of the concealed weapon laws and where that may lead in the future.

Back