Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

A beautiful kitty I encountered in the street

Web FUJZ6930 C1 1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

No need to hang your cat! You can stack catographs on your kitchen window sill inexpensively. MixBlox are 2x2x1" polished blocks of clear acrylic plastic with a paper photo bonded to the back. While several photo printers offer these (and larger blocks for more money), Canvasdiscount.com regularly offers these for $9.00 apiece plus $7.90 shipping for as many as you order. Several times a year they place these on sale for $6.00 each.
edited P1010076 LoRes.jpg

P1010100 edited LoRes.jpg

I bought these five captures of Mercedes for a total outlay of $37.90. The MixBlox are of nice quality, and they arrived well packaged. Be advised that the delivery time to the US East Coast is in the 2-to-3 week range and that the tracking information is virtually useless. These are printed near Rodgau, Germany and they are shipped using Asendia and the US Post Office. Asendia is owned by Swiss Post and French La Post. With three governments involved, how could the shipping be anything but fouled up? Still, if you have a bare window sill this is a nice way to let your cat sit there!

I love it. When my daughters were young and Jurrasic Park was all the thing, I used to show them a similar photo I'd taken and tell them it was a fetal velociraptor talon. I got away with that for a long time...
Good one!

Not at all unlike the hooking claw on this predator, Deinonychus, FTM ...

Back