Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

1000018005.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jeffrey's little paws.

So... we may or may not be 'cat shopping' at the Animal Anti Cruelty League adoption shelter.
This is my daughter holding the 2-year old boy I saw on their on-line gallery and have fallen in love with.
Thing is, there is a full-on red tape bureaucratic form to fill in and they want a video of our entire house
They have so many cats desperate for loving homes, but they really don't make it easy :(
I understand that there must be some kind of vetting process, yes - but how many square meters of our
property is covered area? I don't know! and 2 pages more of grueling questions

If we DO successfully apply and get to take him home, we are open to ideas for a nice kitty name, please!

Web 1500_ZFC_5294 Marco at AACL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So... we may or may not be 'cat shopping' at the Animal Anti Cruelty League adoption shelter.
This is my daughter holding the 2-year old boy I saw on their on-line gallery and have fallen in love with.
Thing is, there is a full-on red tape bureaucratic form to fill in and they want a video of our entire house
They have so many cats desperate for loving homes, but they really don't make it easy :(
I understand that there must be some kind of vetting process, yes - but how many square meters of our

If we DO successfully apply and get to take him home, we are open to ideas for a nice kitty name, please!

View attachment 476093
I think he's beautiful and has character.

View attachment 476093
How about something original, like 'Tigger' for instance ... ;) .
Everyone should have a striped or spotted Tabby called Tigger at least once in their lifetime ...

Alternative suggestions:

Fred, Jack, Oliver, Maximillian (Max for short), Precious Treasure (Precious for short), Ambrose, Bo Hi (Precious Treasure, in Chinese, Bo for short) ...

I simply cannot believe their requirements! Do they really want to keep all the cats forever?

View attachment 476093
IME, those requirements seem pretty standard these days, we used to house abandoned cats from the local shelter as a sort of half way house prior to them finding new owners. I remember quite a few prospective owners being turned down as they clearly weren't in a position or were not aware of the commitment required to house such characters (the rate of abandonment, particularly during the covid lockdown period, was quite cruel on the poor things). As for names, an off the cuff spontaneous spur of the moment name always seems to work and sticks.

Last edited:
Irene McC,
Do the best you can with their litigious form, but don't be afraid to respond "I don't know" to some of the more ridiculous questions! That form may have been composed by a "control freak", but the decision makers are likely less selfishly motivated. Do attach a simple letter explaining who you are and how you live with a good sprinkling of your kitty photos. Most of the people who run rescue services are decent folks looking to do a kind deed - they are looking for you!

Good luck adopting this handsome young guy. It will be his good luck to get adopted by you and yours. Regarding that name; don't spend any more effort selecting your new pet's name than you did in naming your children. Don't spend any less either! 😊

Last edited:
Back