Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

Oh he's so adorable!! :D My Ella (also black) does that for a tummy rub, but she's constantly rolling from side to side, so getting a snap of her in such a position would be difficult at best. I shot a 35mm SLR (Fujica STX-1 with a 55mm F2.2 lens) back when I had Quincy and Sadie (coincidentally both also black), so I don't have as many shots of them. I was shooting a digital (Nikon E880) when I had Frankie and Rupert and then added Ben, but I didn't really get into photography till the last few years. Now I have tons of photos of Ben and Pearl and Ella. I lived many great moments with my kitties before I adopted photography as a hobby. I just don't have a lot of images from those days. :eek:

I also now have tons of photos of Keesha, Jadey, and Atom but I wish I had more photos of Ren my old friend who died in 2009 and Atom when he was a kitten. I got into photography too late it seems.

Atom is such a tart! LOL!

He knows it!

:) gorgeous. And, I can see where Atom and/or Jadey have been smooching corners. My Ms Smoochie used to do that on every available surface, Tom doesn't. Took me *weeks* to find all the places she had been, after she died. Even now, from time to time, I'll find one I missed. Spray'n'Wipe is great stuff.

Oh my god, I can't believe you noticed that. Even I don't notice it anymore. You are definitely a true bone fide cat owner. I now know what to call them: 'smooching corners'. That smooching corner is mostly perpetrated by Jadey though, not so much Atom. Jadey does it to protect the house from other cats who sometimes visit through the back door. Atom makes friends with all the other cats in the neighbourhood so he doesn't really mark his territory that way. In fact one day he brought a friend home deep into the house and when his friend saw us, it freaked out and scrambled through the house and out the back door again.

I made the mistake of giving Tom a little pure cream. Only 5 ml. He nags me silly now when he sees me making coffee with cream. IN fact you could nearly call it shouting. Try it with your two :)

That is exactly why Atom and Keesha stand around my girlfriend in the kitchen in those photos I posted, because when I wasn't looking she would slip them little bits of chicken so now they won't leave her alone!

I'm under the impression that we can't give regular dairy things to cats, is that right or no?

That is exactly why Atom and Keesha stand around my girlfriend in the kitchen in those photos I posted, because when I wasn't looking she would slip them little bits of chicken so now they won't leave her alone!

I'm under the impression that we can't give regular dairy things to cats, is that right or no?

You can't give them milk (mind you my Ms Smoochie would have disputed that, and she never had any ill effects)... I've never read anything about cream but I thought I read somewhere it was the way milk was homogenised/pasteurised that caused the problem. I don't know that theres anything inherently bad about cows milk, its just processed to hell. If they can't tolerate it, they get terrible diarrhoea. Neither of mine have had, however Tom won't drink the milk so I guess he has had the gut gripes as a result. Or doesn't like the taste. 5ml of cream doesn't seem to bother him.

She is just gorgeous. does she watch much TV? Tom managed to sit through about 20 minutes of "A Bug's Life". He likes cartoony things, but it seems he also likes Star Trek (Original Series) once in a while, too.

What she likes most about TV is sleeping on top of the satellite box - it radiates a little heat, and she likes that. I have seen her swat at the TV on occasion, though, chasing the action.

Dairy products can cause urinary tract issues with cats as they age. The enzymes necessary to process milk are plentiful when they are young, diminish as they age. Many - maybe even most - older cats develop an intolerance to lactose.

Right. The pure cream we have here (Dairy Farmers, For James' benefit) has such a tiny amount that cats wouldn't even notice. Unlike milk which is loaded.

Back