Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

An uneasy truce

The cow kitty in the background adopted us last year when she turned up in our garden and spent 2-3 weeks wandering around outside lost. I don't know if she was kicked out or abandoned but she quickly settled in with us. About two months ago my wife wanted a second cat so we adopted 'Socks' from our local RSPCA. Sadly, 'Kitycat' really took against 'Socks' and spends most of her time avoiding him or hissing at him. It was remarkable to see them sharing (almost) the same space. You can see we are dementedly indulgent cat owners as we allow them to sit on cushions on our kitchen table where the can see over our back garden and guard their territory. All taken with the RX1.

_DSC1890.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC1896.jpg

_DSC1905.jpg

This is how we know it's Christmas...

I love the look of wonder on Abigail's face! Such an adorable little girl!!! :D (I wish there were a "swoon" emoticon!)

A sad update on Ben. He's hungry but only able to eat a few bites of canned food. He will gobble a handful of Greenies "digestive care" treats, so I've been feeding these to him by the handful, as it's all he's really able to eat. I weighed him yesterday despite his protests, and he's lost another pound in less than a month, so his weight loss is accelerating. :crying: There's nothing more to do but love him and let him go. He sleeps a lot, and although he doesn't play anymore, he does seek attention and pets from me. He's not suffering (yet), and my goal is to keep that from happening. So I've decided that when he has two bad days in a row, I'll put him down. I don't know if it'll be in a week or two, but it won't be long. Thanks everyone for your support and for sharing stories and photos of your own pets. I feel like I've gotten to know so many wonderful animals here and on the dog thread, and it's very clear that we are all kindred spirits in loving our furry children. :)

BTW, my avatar is a close-up of Ben during better days. I took this shot (and cropped heavily) when I first got my LX-5.

So I've decided that when he has two bad days in a row, I'll put him down. I don't know if it'll be in a week or two, but it won't be long. Thanks everyone for your support and for sharing stories and photos of your own pets. I feel like I've gotten to know so many wonderful animals here and on the dog thread, and it's very clear that we are all kindred spirits in loving our furry children. :)

BTW, my avatar is a close-up of Ben during better days. I took this shot (and cropped heavily) when I first got my LX-5.

:( Its such a sad time when you have to let them go :( I still miss my Ms Smoochie, and its been 3 years. She was a pretty special girl. I love Tom, but Ms Smoochie was my favourite, always. She got heart and kidney disease and was utterly miserable.

View attachment 8580

Thanks Sue. Ms. Smoochie sure was a beauty! I had a good cry earlier today, and now my eyes are all puffy and sore. Of course, Ben cuddled with me while I was crying. Pearl has already moved into Ben's spot in bed, so the transition has begun. I've always had cats in twos and threes, so during my adult life I've lost five already. Quincy in 1994, Sadie in 1996, Frankie in 2005, Rupert in 2007 and Boris in 2010. It's so sad when they have to leave us, but oh they bring so much joy during the years they're with us! :)

I
A sad update on Ben. He's hungry but only able to eat a few bites of canned food. He will gobble a handful of Greenies "digestive care" treats, so I've been feeding these to him by the handful, as it's all he's really able to eat. I weighed him yesterday despite his protests, and he's lost another pound in less than a month, so his weight loss is accelerating. :crying: There's nothing more to do but love him and let him go. He sleeps a lot, and although he doesn't play anymore, he does seek attention and pets from me. He's not suffering (yet), and my goal is to keep that from happening. So I've decided that when he has two bad days in a row, I'll put him down. I don't know if it'll be in a week or two, but it won't be long. Thanks everyone for your support and for sharing stories and photos of your own pets. I feel like I've gotten to know so many wonderful animals here and on the dog thread, and it's very clear that we are all kindred spirits in loving our furry children. :)

So sorry, Margaret. It's so hard to feel comfortable knowing "when" it's time to let go. I know what you are going through, and feel for you. Of course you know you can always get things out in the forums or via PM. Feeling right about letting go is always the hardest part. If you are like me, there is always that conflict. Maybe it helps to know that everyone on this thread knows the feeling and -- as the moderns say -- has your back.

This is just so special, it makes me want to cry (go figure, I get all emotional at this time of year)... I think its just wonderful. Abigail's first Christmas yes?

Abigail makes my sweetie cry, too, Sue! Yup, it's her first Christmas, and she was - naturally enough - fascinated with the tree & decorations.

The cow kitty in the background adopted us last year when she turned up in our garden and spent 2-3 weeks wandering around outside lost. I don't know if she was kicked out or abandoned but she quickly settled in with us. About two months ago my wife wanted a second cat so we adopted 'Socks' from our local RSPCA. Sadly, 'Kitycat' really took against 'Socks' and spends most of her time avoiding him or hissing at him. It was remarkable to see them sharing (almost) the same space. You can see we are dementedly indulgent cat owners as we allow them to sit on cushions on our kitchen table where the can see over our back garden and guard their territory. All taken with the RX1.

_DSC1890.jpg

_DSC1896.jpg

_DSC1905.jpg

You mean there are people who DON'T let their cats on the kitchen table?

Sent from my MB865 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Back