Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

Thanks Sue. Ms. Smoochie sure was a beauty! I had a good cry earlier today, and now my eyes are all puffy and sore. Of course, Ben cuddled with me while I was crying. Pearl has already moved into Ben's spot in bed, so the transition has begun. I've always had cats in twos and threes, so during my adult life I've lost five already. Quincy in 1994, Sadie in 1996, Frankie in 2005, Rupert in 2007 and Boris in 2010. It's so sad when they have to leave us, but oh they bring so much joy during the years they're with us! :)

I know how you feel All my best to you and Ben!

Sent from my MB865 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

my neices got a kitty, so i took a pic, so i could post it here and finally have a kitty pic, lol

PC180065.jpg

ok, P mode ran it to 1.4 and the kitty didnt actually get in focus.. but its a shot with a kitty in it, so im going with it!

Thanks. You can guess what happens when we are in the kitchen, first a sudden rush and then a cat meow asking for water... She like her water very much, esp from a glass:)

Beautiful cat - such character! and beautiful captures!
My Merchant has his own glass in the bathroom. When I brush my teeth at night, I fill it up for him.
As I scrolled down, with the woodwork showing through the water, I thought the cat had a glass of beer!

Pucky has adopted us, I guess, as grandparents, thoughd; she still has a home. But she visits me through the kitchen window a couple of times a day, and is often on the roof to say good-bye as I leave the house. I shot these this afternoon to try to convince someone on the mu-43 group that you could get decent shots with the old Zuiko 75-150 zoom. I don't use it much now on my E-M5, but I did so before I got the 40-150 native lens. Anyway, here's my pal Pucky shot with some old glass than can be drafted into present service if necessary.

_C235868smugmug-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_C235870.smugmug-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

She's a funny thing. She hung around the yard all summer, then this Fall one day she showed up at the kitchen window meowing. As one of many cats my neighbor takes care of, Pucky doesn't get what she justly assumes is her fair share of affection. So she comes to my house to make up the deficit, and I am more than happy to oblige. If my partner were willing, I'd snatch her up in a minute, and let her in when she felt so inclined. Meantime we visit through the window and in the yard. In case you can't tell, I've grown very fond of her.

Back