Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

My son just sent me this picture of his kitten's first Christmas.

IMG]
a7d07ce20354655d71deba732a4d7931.jpg
[/IMG]

Someone sent my late friend a Christmas card he put on the bulletin board next to his table and left up year after year. The caption was 'Truth in advertising' and it was a drawing of a tree lot with a sign 'Giant, pine scented cat toys.' This photo captures that look in this kitty's eyes!

Sent from my MB865 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Hi Gidal, based upon the "This image or video is currently unavailable" message, you'll want to recapture the image link. When you copy the link, but later edit or replace the original picture, the old link becomes stale.

Hi Gidal, based upon the "This image or video is currently unavailable" message, you'll want to recapture the image link. When you copy the link, but later edit or replace the original picture, the old link becomes stale.

Fixed. Tried Flickr's Aviary feature, didn't realize it broke the link. :)

I would like to introduce you to the newest member of the Lightmancer family...

This is Barnack:
29176943.a17e4552.1024.jpg

Barnack's first Christmas par Lightmancer, on ipernity

Yes, he is named after Oskar. He was a wedding present from my wife's kids and he has just enjoyed his first Christmas - we have a tree (pictured) that has been a climbing frame for him throughout the past two weeks. He is a dab hand (paw?) with a bauble too.

More undoubtedly follows...

My sweet Ben died peacefully in my arms late Friday night, Dec. 27, 2013. He'd had a particularly rough day, and we both knew it was time. A dear friend euthanized him at home so he wasn't frightened by having to go the the vet's office. We wrapped Ben in a towel, and I cradled him in my arms, showing him to both Pearl and Ella, who seemed to know their big brother is no longer with us. I'm so grateful for the 12 wonderful years we had together and that Ben is at peace now. RIP my sweet Ben: 2000-12/27/2013

Here are a few older shots that I reprocessed today in memory of my dear, sweet boy.

Ben politely requesting I turn on the faucet so he can have his favorite drink, cold running tap water. I took this in 2012 with my LX-5:
11654184684_be07a34d78_c.jpg

Ben - 2012 by twokatmew, on Flickr

Ben having lunch. Taken in 2010 with my Pentax K-x and DA 35/F2.8 Macro:
11654078233_336f314ea2_c.jpg

Ben - 2010 by twokatmew, on Flickr

Ben sporting his "Oh Mom, must you continually point that thing at me?" look. I had just gotten my Pentax FA50/F1.4 lens and was testing it out. Although I accidentally focused on Ben's nose instead of an eye, I just love this look on his face, so I processed it in Nik Analog Efex ... and rather like the result. :)
11654588876_0e9ceba1d0_c.jpg

Ben - 2010 by twokatmew, on Flickr

And here's Ben (in 2012 after I made the move to MFT) showing a bit of attitude, as Pearl had gotten uppity. I'm sure Pearl with be the top cat once she and Ella adjust to not having Ben around. The girls are subdued, and neither are anywhere near as vocal as Ben was, so the house is a very quiet place these days. I'm feeling sad, but I also know I did the best for my boy, and this time my best was "enough." Thank you all for your support and understanding. :)
9777188403_4a5eec53c7_b.jpg

Staring contest by twokatmew, on Flickr

My sweet Ben died peacefully in my arms late Friday night, Dec. 27, 2013. He'd had a particularly rough day, and we both knew it was time. A dear friend euthanized him at home so he wasn't frightened by having to go the the vet's office. We wrapped Ben in a towel, and I cradled him in my arms, showing him to both Pearl and Ella, who seemed to know their big brother is no longer with us. I'm so grateful for the 12 wonderful years we had together and that Ben is at peace now. RIP my sweet Ben: 2000-12/27/2013

Really sorry to hear of Ben's passing. My thoughts are with you and Pearl and Ella. :-/

Back