Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

What's a guy got to do to get a little sleep around here?
P1000551 LoRes.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Molly has been sick the past few days, yesterday evening especially so. She is on a daily medicine, but I was concerned enough to take her back to the vet this morning for a follow-up. I was stunned to hear that they found a mass in her abdomen that they are fairly certain is cancer. I left her overnight to get IV fluids, pain meds, and have some more tests run. It made my gut sick to leave her.

Yesterday was 4 months since we had to prematurely say goodbye to Tasha. Here's Molly and Tasha 13 years 9 months ago, when Tasha was a baby and Molly was about 2 1/2. It kills me to think we may once again be forced into making that decision for Molly, so soon after losing Tasha. I'll know more in a few days, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

DSC01444.JPG

Molly has been sick the past few days, yesterday evening especially so. She is on a daily medicine, but I was concerned enough to take her back to the vet this morning for a follow-up. I was stunned to hear that they found a mass in her abdomen that they are fairly certain is cancer. I left her overnight to get IV fluids, pain meds, and have some more tests run. It made my gut sick to leave her.

Yesterday was 4 months since we had to prematurely say goodbye to Tasha. Here's Molly and Tasha 13 years 9 months ago, when Tasha was a baby and Molly was about 2 1/2. It kills me to think we may once again be forced into making that decision for Molly, so soon after losing Tasha. I'll know more in a few days, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

View attachment 244160
Update on my previous post about Molly. She does have intestinal cancer, small cell lymphoma, the most common kind of feline cancer. There is no cure, but our vet said it is the most slow growing cancer, and treatable to the point that Molly can live a comfortable life. The clinic also has a veterinary oncologist on the staff, and they both told me that the recommended medication could help Molly live for as much as 2-3 more years. Some cats do not respond to the treatment, which is a pill I give her 3 times a week, but most cats do very well, to the point that the vet said there's a good chance Molly will eventually pass away from a geriatric ailment other than cancer.

At 16 years and 4 months, Molly is still alert, eating well, active for a 16 year old cat, and bossy as ever. We'll just enjoy her a day at a time, as long as she is still enjoying a good quality of life. Time will tell.

I just purchased a used Olympus ED 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 R lens. I think its focal length range will be useful for catography; it's all-plastic body is really light and the lens is very compact (when closed at 40mm). The sharpness is quite surprising given the under $100 MSRP. The following shots of Bentley and Mercedes were made this morning using a Panasonic GX8.

Bentley
Bentley_1 LoRes.jpg

Mercedes
Mercedes_2 LoRes.jpg

Back