Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

Alfie was a stray cat who used to visit us from time to time before moving in permanently in December 2009. This photo was on one of those occasions, as you can see he made himself at home. After deciding we were good enough for him, he stayed with us for 10 years. He used up most of his 9 lives with various fights and scrapes, sadly we said goodbye on 3rd Feb 2020, due to ongoing health problems. So glad that he came to stay.
49622897253_3d43546ea1_o.jpg

View attachment 249016
Florac Cat Council Meeting by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A sub-committee meeting of the local cat council in the back alleys of Florac.

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-01: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.
They were discussing how their plot to take over the world through subtle manipulation had worked like a charm.

Mercedes demonstrated her expressive face on Friday, February 5th for my new Olympus 40-150 mm f/4.0-5.6 R mounted on my Panasonic GX7. She was sitting on our bedroom settop box in front of the flatscreen TV which was off. Southern daylight was provided by a window about four feet from the left of the TV and slightly in front of it. This proved to be a terrific dramatic catography set with wonderful lighting!
P1120170 LoRes.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1120177 LoRes.jpg

P1120179 LoRes.jpg

Last edited:
Today I ripped the preset 58 mm f/2.0 Biotar "eyeball" off of my Contax S and hung it on my Panasonic GX8 using a $12 Fiodox M42-to-m4/3 adaptor (that I had to modify to get proper infinity focus).
above front LoRes.jpglens off LoRes.jpgfront. (cold) LoRes.jpg On GX8 tan LoRes.jpg

I used this 71 year-old lens to capture my young cats (Mercedes 3 & Bentley 31/2) being themselves. More old lens/young cat experiments to follow, but this 1950 optic clearly performed quite nicely. I wish I had aged as gracefully!
Mercedes_2 LoRes.jpg

Bentley_3 LoRes.jpg

Last edited:
I heard a commotion in our entry, and turned around just in time to see Oliver fly into the room with Molly hot on his heels. I'm pretty certain she had some orange fur hanging out of her mouth when I first looked. Rocky just ignored them. I've watched a cat leapfrog over him and he just looks around as if he's thinking. "Cats . . . sigh".

trio.jpg

Such a tired boy ... he’s been under a lot of stress lately... there’s another new cat in the street and the competition for territory is getting too fierce for him. The new cat has markings almost identical to his, and yesterday I was telling “toby” off for killing birds and it wasnt even him (I didn’t have my glasses on), it was the other cat.

Poor Toby :(

2401DF1D-AB9A-47FC-A01B-8C727B39D9B1.jpeg

Back