Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

I was after some Myna, hence the high shutter speed, and noticed the neighbour's cat staring at the lens.
P1220861.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So back while I was in Memphis, my father got it a load of hay for my stepmother’s last two goats. While he and a couple of friends were putting it up, one of them heard a sound in an old unused dog house. There was a tiny calico kitten in there.

My stepmother was all “Oh we can’t have another cat”. Yeah. We all know how this ends - piles of toys, a cat tree for her to lounge in the sun on, etc.

Now that she’s realized she’s too big to sleep in my dad’s slipper, she has a new favorite place…

IMG_20211126_123042678_proc.jpg

So back while I was in Memphis, my father got it a load of hay for my stepmother’s last two goats. While he and a couple of friends were putting it up, one of them heard a sound in an old unused dog house. There was a tiny calico kitten in there.

My stepmother was all “Oh we can’t have another cat”. Yeah. We all know how this ends - piles of toys, a cat tree for her to lounge in the sun on, etc.

Now that she’s realized she’s too big to sleep in my dad’s slipper, she has a new favorite place…

View attachment 279749
That's a beautiful shot, and a lovely story, William.

Particularly poignant to us, as we have recently had to have our two 21.5+ y.o. sisters euthanased.

E-30_JAK_2015-_A113294_Ew.jpg

Photo taken in 2015, when they were both still in excellent health.

Back