Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

160703_PTP_0792.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
aha, the cat thread :)

There was a spot of sun in our little garden.

View attachment 280988
When I look at this I cannot help remembering standing in the corner out in the hall for talking in class when I was in first grade. A mid 1950's version of what they now call "time out". It took me a while to see the point of sitting quietly on demand, and until in the second grade I got a teacher who understood restless kids, I much preferred standing in the hall to being in the class room. This cat looks much as I imagine I did completing my ostensible punishment. It all turned out OK, kitty.

When I look at this I cannot help remembering standing in the corner out in the hall for talking in class when I was in first grade. A mid 1950's version of what they now call "time out". It took me a while to see the point of sitting quietly on demand, and until in the second grade I got a teacher who understood restless kids, I much preferred standing in the hall to being in the class room. This cat looks much as I imagine I did completing my ostensible punishment. It all turned out OK, kitty.
I agree, Larry.

Try keeping a kid with a variety of ASD conditions under control ... fortunately, I was a pretty compliant child. By grade two, I was teaching the less able kid/s in the class how to spell and read. I could read and write well before I started school.

I only became an obstinate SoaB in middle age, although there were some signs by my mid twenties.

With some help in my fifties, I'm still here. However, government departments occasionally find out the hard way that they shouldn't pick fights with me.

Watching "The Good Doctor" ATM. For me, it is often very close to the bone, and very moving.

ā€˜Turned out OKā€™

Well, the cat has this very moment occupied the couch, and Iā€™m in my office chair in my ā€˜make do home officeā€™, next to the couch.

šŸ˜…

I could sit next to her, but then there would be no rest and peace. For me.

4565D608-E5A8-49EB-92D3-CD6A1E56677F.jpeg

Thank you, Larry.

Blue cream tortoiseshell Burmese. Very interesting from a breeding point of view (I bred Siamese cats for 10 years ... ).

We miss them dreadfully. Pets are like children, except that they never leave home ...
My condolences, John. Pets indeed worm their way deep into our hearts. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose both so close together.

My condolences, John. Pets indeed worm their way deep into our hearts. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose both so close together.
Thanks, mate. They had a good long life, Tony. They were only marginally impaired physically and mentally for the last 6-12 months. They both had dementia, so were a bit odd at times. Nothing that we and they couldn't cope with.

When the time came, it came very suddenly. Within an hour, the Vet had examined them, and verified that the time had come. We (and the Vet) agreed that they had both had strokes.

What amazed us was their advanced age, and that they both went with much the same symptoms within a couple of months of each other.

Thanks, mate. They had a good long life, Tony. They were only marginally impaired physically and mentally for the last 6-12 months. They both had dementia, so were a bit odd at times. Nothing that we and they couldn't cope with.

When the time came, it came very suddenly. Within an hour, the Vet had examined them, and verified that the time had come. We (and the Vet) agreed that they had both had strokes.

What amazed us was their advanced age, and that they both went with much the same symptoms within a couple of months of each other.
:(

I donā€™t know how my wife will take it when Honey goes as she follows her everywhere. She cried for weeks when our Bengal died suddenly and is still affected whenever his name come up. Yes their memory never leaves us. we feel for you. View attachment 282726
She's beautiful, Ben.

I remember all my beloved pets, all the way back to Mickey, the family tabby, when I was still wearing three cornered pants. Mickey had been in the family longer than I had, and lasted for a good few years. We got our first Siamese, Shadrach, after Mickey died. I was about 7 y.o. then. He lived to 16.5 y.o.

I've had quite a few since then, and doggies too. A life without companion animals is not full, IMO.

We are getting too old to get more pets. The thought that they might outlive us is more than we can bear. Any creature who lands here has found close to Nirvana ...

So, yes, we understand exactly how your wife feels. We are the same.

She's beautiful, Ben.

I remember all my beloved pets, all the way back to Mickey, the family tabby, when I was still wearing three cornered pants. Mickey had been in the family longer than I had, and lasted for a good few years. We got our first Siamese, Shadrach, after Mickey died. I was about 7 y.o. then. He lived to 16.5 y.o.

I've had quite a few since then, and doggies too. A life without companion animals is not full, IMO.

We are getting too old to get more pets. The thought that they might outlive us is more than we can bear. Any creature who lands here has found close to Nirvana ...

So, yes, we understand exactly how your wife feels. We are the same.
Thank you for your appreciation for my image.

I feel the sorrow in you comments and also the happiness that your pets have given you. They are such a comfort in stressful times and are there silently sharing our feelings. Honey came to us from our grand daughter, a move we were not anticipating or even wishing for, as she was unable to keep her in her rented accomodation. Now over two years later after the onset of Covid she is just beginning to accept us and here she will remain permanently. We are in our very late 70s but accept that she has a home here and hope she is happy.
Regards Ben

Back