Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

With the current UK temperature exceeding 32C+ I could do with a bit of a squirt!
46BED17F-B100-4CC3-B72B-AFB26E7A3256.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One could do all sorts of speech bubbles here :)
That's Jasper outside begging to come in - the glass sliding door is closed because it's raining and rather cold.
Meanwhile Kira and Freya are just waiting for an opportunity to zip outside and sit on the balcony getting wet (I don't know why, but they seem to like that)
Freya is saying "Mum, why aren't you opening the door already" ...

Web 1500_FUJS6799 Kitties_Jasper rain Let Me In BW.jpg

Chai, from next door gave me big purrs and cuddles yesterday, but he doesn't like being held or picked up. Lots of pretty lousy shots, but I got a couple of halfway decent ones. These are in-camera JPEGs, straight off my tablet.

M227197.JPG

M227205.JPG

M227203.JPG

He's less than a year old, and already quite a big, handsome fellow.

Last edited:
I wish the cat owners in our neighborhood took as good care of their cats as you all here do.
My wife was out gardening the other day and discovered some cat had had a litter of kittens under one of her plants.
Previous to this episode, a cat had a litter in one of our patio chairs under the cover, successfully ruining the cushions.
I called animal control and emailed them too, saying we wanted the kittens gone. We are not cat people, nor are we dog people either for that matter. We're finally free of kids and an animal would tie us down.
So, here's the only photo I took of the brood left under the plant, 5 all total.
IMG_0488.JPG

Our yard is one of the only ones without a dog in it. I think that's why it's so popular with the pregnant cats. This is the 3rd or 4th litter we've had to get rid of in the last couple of years.

They do creep deep underneath our skins. But it's tougher on my spouse, he was her cat after all. I've only known the bugger since four years ago, but my spouse had had him for 16 years.

But the fact to accept when getting a pet is that you've probably going to outlive whatever you're adopting. So cherish the time with your furry friends and let them go when the time comes, I guess.

(and since when has the heart emoji gone from "appreciate" to "love it"..?)

Back