Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

View attachment 347692

Looks like she took a selfie... And I've got nothin' else to post than kitty pics, since I got hit with the g@*#!mn flu and it's now the fifth day of mild fever and epoxy and bits of tofu spouting out my nose. And someone crammed a pineapple down my throat.
get well soon!👍

Hope you’re feeling better quickly.
I hope that too, too much stuff to do. Winter tires for at least one of our cars, and the missus' Citroen has to go in for inspection before friday... Can't remember the last time I've had a flu this bad. Even COVID was just a mild hangover compared to this for everyone in our family.

But at least I've got my backlog of kitty pictures... Hopefully I'll have time to go out once the weather freezes over...

Egyptian mummy of a cat...
DSCF1016-C1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 347692

Looks like she took a selfie... And I've got nothin' else to post than kitty pics, since I got hit with the g@*#!mn flu and it's now the fifth day of mild fever and epoxy and bits of tofu spouting out my nose. And someone crammed a pineapple down my throat.
Take care of yourself, ES. Rest!

Always remember that our old friend, influenza, has killed more humans than all the wars in human history combined.

Take care of yourself, ES. Rest!

Always remember that our old friend, influenza, has killed more humans than all the wars in human history combined.
I don't even know what sort of bug this is/was. But it's been worse than anything I've had in a decade at least. Day six and my sniffer was still corked up in the morning, still having headaches and so on. I did take the dog out for a walk today, though, so it's on it's way out. Just have to be careful with returning back to the "workforce".

There are supposedly all kinds of weird and wonderful things out in the open currently, from some variant of influenza to all the different causes of common flu (rhinoviruses mostly, I believe).

But hey, not to keep on just airing my frustration on my "downtime/equipment under repair", I'll also air my archive of unused kitty pictures. I haven't posted one of Eetu in a while, so here goes:

DSC07936-1-LR_s.jpg

After yet another vet visit for nausea control and hydration transfusion this morning, we've reached the heart breaking decision
to let our dear Kira cross the rainbow bridge tomorrow. It will be the kindest thing we can do for her at this stage although we're
all awash with tears. Her 17th birthday is upcoming next month and she's had a wonderful and happy life with our family.
Please think of us and send us the strength to deal with the sadness of loss :( 🙏

WB_FUJS0783 Kira cp portrait.jpg

After yet another vet visit for nausea control and hydration transfusion this morning, we've reached the heart breaking decision
to let our dear Kira cross the rainbow bridge tomorrow. It will be the kindest thing we can do for her at this stage although we're
all awash with tears. Her 17th birthday is upcoming next month and she's had a wonderful and happy life with our family.
Please think of us and send us the strength to deal with the sadness of loss :( 🙏

View attachment 348166
So sorry Irene. It will be a tremendous loss. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

View attachment 348166
So very sorry for your impending loss. May the sweet memories you have of her somehow help dampen the pain of her loss.

View attachment 348166
I'm already crying, Irene :cry: :crying: .

It's been over a year since we had to put Lizzie and Rosa down due to them both having had strokes. We still miss them dreadfully. We had had them for over half our married life.

Give your lovely Kira a last stroke from her avuncular auntie and uncle here in Melbourne.

Our hearts go out to all of you.

Back