Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

My sweet Freya (sadly showing the sun caused cancer on her ears quite clearly)

Web 1500_IM8_2447 Freya CU crop.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And cats don't have facial expressions ... :rofl: .

He's a beautiful tuxedo boy (?).
She looks like that all the time. Seems to work. We all know they are the masters of manipulation with us mere humans but she does this with her "colleagues" too, ie all the other neigbouring cats stride up pressing their noses against the window to ask when she's coming out.

She looks like that all the time. Seems to work. We all know they are the masters of manipulation with us mere humans but she does this with her "colleagues" too, ie all the other neigbouring cats stride up pressing their noses against the window to ask when she's coming out.
Cat facial expressions are far more subtle than that of either humans or dogs, both of whom have much the same facial muscles. However, cats very definitely have subtle facial expressions, just different from ours.

Apologies to her royal Highness for confusing her with a male cat. The fluffy chops misled me.

Our Ziggy. ❤️ He had a seizure about a month ago which has left him blind. The vet thinks possibly a stroke.
Enjoying a snooze in the sun this morning - we try to keep him as protected and comfortable as we can

View attachment 376179
We once had a cat who was deaf, blind and extremely old. Of course, he was hated by the other cats in the house. I’ve never seen jealousy like I have in a cat.

Our Ziggy. ❤️ He had a seizure about a month ago which has left him blind. The vet thinks possibly a stroke.
Enjoying a snooze in the sun this morning - we try to keep him as protected and comfortable as we can

View attachment 376179
Hope that he has a comfortable time left to him, Irene.

When Lizzie had a stroke, she lost all sense of direction. Since she had already been blind for a year or so, it was heartbreaking to see her walking in circles, then back again.

We had her to the Vet inside the hour. That last, terrible trip.

The last great act of kindness that we can perform for our beloved companion creatures.

Mickey, also from next door, has gone away to die. Probably under Lorraine's house across the street. He is over 14 years old, with some serious health problems - thyroid and kidneys. Hasn't been eating for the last couple of days, and we haven't seen him for several days. He usually sleeps in our garage during the day, as he doesn't like Chai. We have always left the back garage door open for him.

His family is understandably upset, but also sanguine about the fact that the average lifespan of a domestic cat is around 13 y.o.

Back