Cats The Requisite Cat (Kitty) Photo thread

Can't remember if I posted this but this photo was taken more than a year ago in the very early dawn. I was probably doing an all-nighter for the fourth day in a row studying for exams. I would often take breaks during the night and step outside for a short stroll and usually Atom or Jadey would come with me.

7669291368_6ae86b1fe3_z.jpg

7702299782_59ab0d4750_b.jpg

XZ-1

Can't remember if I posted this but this photo was taken more than a year ago in the very early dawn. I was probably doing an all-nighter for the fourth day in a row studying for exams. I would often take breaks during the night and step outside for a short stroll and usually Atom or Jadey would come with me.

7669291368_6ae86b1fe3_z.jpg

Love this one, essential Cat

I guess it's done with your M8.2 and voigtlander 35 1.4? I had that lens on nex5 and sad to have parted with it... Do you have the SC or MC version?

Yeah he's on the carpet. By the time he's done doing that, he leaves a fresh new coat of black carpet behind. :crying:

Yes with the M8.2 and the Voigtlander 35mm, I have the MC.

I've been using this single lens with the M8.2 for 98% of my photos the past 1.5 years now and lately I've been feeling I need a better lens. Mainly for better bokeh and sharpness. This lens tends to flare quite easily though.

I quite liked the flare on this lens actually, it can get glowy which adds to the caracter of the lens in many circumstances. Quite franckly I'm missing that caracter with my set of "modern" lenses. I've added a few shots in my SC gallery taken with that lens that illustrate that "character" as I would call it, that I have lost now that I have parted with the nex and the 35 1.4...

Diificult to get that mood of your beautifull cat shots with a modern chirurgical lens... My last cat shot right here above this message was taken with the panaleica 25mm f1.4, very clean image but missing the moody thing that comes out of more ancient lens designs...

I also had difficulty getting sharp images (on the nex) but I wonder if it's a problem of focusing, the guy I sold it to was delighted so I dunno really. Which alternative are you considering, keeping in mind the character of the lens? Difficult to get something better at that size and weight though...

Yes with the M8.2 and the Voigtlander 35mm, I have the MC.

I've been using this single lens with the M8.2 for 98% of my photos the past 1.5 years now and lately I've been feeling I need a better lens. Mainly for better bokeh and sharpness. This lens tends to flare quite easily though.

Back