Ricoh The Ricoh GR Digital Camera: A Philosophy of Design

Aaaa the handeling, ok! I think I got it! :agree: Cheers!

It really is the way the camera is put together, one of the few P&S that was designed for a photographer and not a general consumer,\. Quality fixed lens, wide angle , fast aperture, good glass, the controls are well though out to use instead of a long list of "scene" selection, unique IQ, especially B&W jpegs, small size(pocket able), snap focus, stealth look, great company support through firmware upgrades, just an overall great little camera

It really is the way the camera is put together, one of the few P&S that was designed for a photographer and not a general consumer,\. Quality fixed lens, wide angle , fast aperture, good glass, the controls are well though out to use instead of a long list of "scene" selection, unique IQ, especially B&W jpegs, small size(pocket able), snap focus, stealth look, great company support through firmware upgrades, just an overall great little camera

I got the picture now, thanks. How the lens behave for flare and CA? and how good is DR? I love simple interface but dont mind if it gets bit complicated. Complicated UI is inevitable for complicated and very sophesticated cameras like fuji EXR sensor based for example. Still the idea of having a good fixed lens this wide for street photos is great.

The proble with me is I like to carry only one camera, with either long zoom or many primes, just to try all different possible options. Carrying multiple cameras give me headache not only at the time of shooting but later at the time of sorting images in computer.
So this can be solved with GXR body and modules, do you know any module with equivalent lens?

That was a fine review. I appreciate you taking the time to share so many excellent observations with the rest of us. Given the encroachment of cell phones on the compact market, many manufacturers have tested the market for the well made small sensor cameras with DSLR level electronics and optics and found more buyers than they anticipated. I still have my Pentax K7 and E-P2 but larger sensors require larger lenses and can never be truly compact. The Ricoh was high on my list but, given my shooting style and rural address, I need a zoom with some reach unless I want to be running through corn fields.

Back