• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Ricoh The Ricoh GR III Image Thread (Showcase)

agentlossing

Regular
Mar 23, 2015
Cross post with the similar thread on Mu-43, apologies to those who frequent both! Everything to follow is the same as that post ;)

Alright, I'll apologize in advance for the large number of mediocre snaps I am posting. Was able to get out earlier today, but rain kept me from getting much. Darn Spring with its rainy, blustery mornings that turn into fine afternoons once I had more boring, grown-up things to do!

These were all taken in raw and processed afterwards in-camera, with the positive film setting except in the case of the B&W, which were hi-contrast B&W. In all cases they aren't default image control settings for those JPEG styles, as I punched up the contrast and saturation a little bit on some, and applied color filter type adjustments to the B&W. Note a quirk of the camera in its current form: the photo of the house in B&W is quite grainy, especially in the skies; "Grain: On" is one of the image control settings, but at the moment it can't be switched off! Firmware will address this in the near future from what has been said.

R0000234 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000236 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000235 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000227 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000233 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000232 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000231 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000230 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000229 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000228 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000226 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000221 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000225 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000224 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000223 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

R0000222 by Andrew Lossing, on Flickr

agentlossing

Regular
Mar 23, 2015
Reviewing my images it's clear to me now that adding any extra saturation to the raw conversion isn't usually necessary. It's of course hard to tell on a 3" screen when you're doing the conversion.

ggweci

Regular
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Took the opportunity when out for a walk with my son to grab a few shots around our neighbourhood. Was hoping to get some more camera time this weekend, but pretty miserable out (cold and rainy).

Feels good to have a GR again - missed the handling and ultra compact size. This lens is just as sharp, if not shaper than the previous version. Liking the IBIS and touchscreen too.

Washed out
by Craig, on Flickr

Summitview
by Craig, on Flickr

Bridge
by Craig, on Flickr

NoSeconds

Regular
Jan 1, 2017
I suppose I better get some cash set aside in case I happen across one of these on my July holidays...

I don’t like the chances of my other gear maintaining it’s place in the armoury if that happens...

agentlossing

Regular
Mar 23, 2015
Images show a lot of fine details/accutane/microcontrast/sharpness/whatever. I really like that. Damn.
Yeah they do, this combination of lens/sensor is kind of magic, like the previous one, but even more so with the added resolution. OOC results in raw viewers look a little soft, but they take sharpening remarkably well, since so much detail is there.

ggweci

Regular
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Rainy day means a good day to get the grocery shopping out of the way...and crank the music on the way home...

Raindrops
by Craig, on Flickr

Aisle
by Craig, on Flickr

An apple a day
by Craig, on Flickr

Veggies
by Craig, on Flickr

Turn it up
by Craig, on Flickr

Love that GR just fits into a coat pocket with ease. Means I bring it to me much more often than any other camera (besides my phone - but that's no fun).

Latest threads

Top Bottom