Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

file243.jpg

Great image . Almost missed it too.
Definitely a favourite for me.
Cheers

Here are some more random snaps during the last week with this amazing camera...

_R011060.jpg

_R011131.jpg

_R011330.jpg

_R011386.jpg

_R011394.jpg

_R011421.jpg

_R011430.jpg

This is a marvelous B&W camera, it simply renders the best monochrome images ive gotten from any camera ive personally used. It gets that "film" "cinematic" or any other adjective that might say "non digital look" but it also renders quite nice colors, or so i think.

_R011375.jpg

_R011373.jpg

_R011418.jpg

This camera have set the bar quite high in how i "look" and "what to expect" from "serious" "pro" "amateur" "street" bla bla cameras from now on.

Beautiful photos from everyone here :) Is anyone using a viewfinder and if so which?
I have the small 28˚ Ricoh VF mounted all the time but only use it maybe 5% of the time, it just easier to leave it mounted than not know where it is on those rare times that I need it. The Ricoh while not cheap is very nice and very small, they also make one that does both 21˚ and 28˚ but it is much larger. Always felt too big on the GR unless you have the 21 attached
small 28K only
View attachment 74446
21˚/28˚
761037.jpg

Which b & w setting are you using? I find just plain black and white nicer than the high contrast in the GR whereas I like the high contrast in the GXR.

I just created a B&W preset on the camera, tweaking the contrast and all that in camera, the HC preset is amazing in camera but when seeing the images in the computer it feels too much for my taste. So i just use the plain black and white with some tweaks, cant remember exactly what tweaks as i dont have the camera right here with me.

And about the VF question, No, i dont use a VF for it, they are too expensive for what they are (or so i believe). plus the back LCD is so damn good. But as like with most LCD doesnt matter if they 500k dots or 10mpx ones, when shooting in open daylight they are hard to see.

Received today and managed a few quick grabs on the bike ride tonight. Really fun to have a Ricoh again... hope we will see a new mount, GXR, or fixed 50mm GR from them.

Back