Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

11226310536_80a8aa238b_b_d.jpg

Some fantastic shots in this thread.I must admit been looking at the gr over the last few days and as much as I love my rx100 really considering getting one...would I regret it?

Some fantastic shots in this thread.I must admit been looking at the gr over the last few days and as much as I love my rx100 really considering getting one...would I regret it?
An uncategorical NO! from me (that is No you would not regret itā€¦:blush:)
ā€¦well I've not missed the RX100 for a single fraction of a second. It's not only the better detail in the GR shots but the character. Nothing else (in it's size and price-range) does what it does with files - esp. B+W. It's all about how well you get along with 28mm.

Ive heard that the GR is very nice to operate one-handed. I dont feel that way about the RX100 particularly with gloves. Do you find the controls positive enough to maybe use with gloved hands? Ive handled the Nikon A and it is quite nice for this.

Ive heard that the GR is very nice to operate one-handed. I dont feel that way about the RX100 particularly with gloves. Do you find the controls positive enough to maybe use with gloved hands? Ive handled the Nikon A and it is quite nice for this.
Not much call to wear gloves here in Australia - except for welding or cocktail parties. So I better leave this to my more northern cousinsā€¦
Having said that +1 on the one-handed operation. Now that I know the controls (and Ricoh has the best UI in the business bar none) it's all right hand work except for activation of the customised "effects" side button.

Well you certainly make good use of the IQ. The RX100 is really cool in many of ways and it is nice to have for video. But, it feels like a "gadget" or something. I want a high quality "point and shoot" , and for that i think the 28mm(or whatever) fixed focal length makes sense. Hard to find in rural WY though.

Nice shots. In the upper right corner (Nr 3 landscape view) is some smearing. Just some grease on the lens or something with the sensor?

Actually, that same mark is on the last two images as well (top left hand corner for those).

-R

Looks like sensor dust! Great shots though!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

I only realised that after I copied the files to my laptop. I'm guessing it's a small piece of dust on the lens that I've blown it off after the trip, because I can't seem to reproduce it now. Will definitely make a visit to the service centre if it pops up in the future... fingers crossed.

Blue Quartz, mate, stunning images every single one of them. You seem to have found a GReat friend in the GR! Can't wait to see moreā€¦
Nice PP too - colour treatment is nicely cooked.

This photograph is a sort of 'semantic' paradox. It shows a London Undeground train at Whitechapel over the top of the Overground trains on a different platform at the same station. The view has only recently opened up as construction work on the new Crossrail station at Whitechapel has necessitated the removal of rail which has opened the platform to the skies.

This is a sort-of work in progress and I have just ordered the wide-angle adapter as I need a slightly wider view to get the right shot.

11382003876_e60a371b74_b_d.jpg

Back