Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Aug 27, 2013
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Miguel Tejada-Flores
I've been using my GR II for this month's (July 2020) Single-in-July Challenge - and technically the following photo might be considered one of my 'outtakes' from today's (July 6) posting in that challenge - but I'm putting it here instead. My subject today was a battered old (1987) Isuzu Trooper vehicle, and my SiJ entry was a close-up of the tiny Super-Hero-Hood-Ornament which its proud owner installed. The other part of the vehicle which stood out to me was the large spare tire, which is normally mounted on the outside rear of the vehicle - and held in place by nuts and bolts. But the inventive and eccentric owner bought an inexpensive Halloween ornament which he has mounted on the tire---

This is the version I took with the GR2's built-in 'positive film' effect---

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This version was processed from the RAW negative of the same shot, using Silver Efex to turn it into a monochrome rendition--

And this last version, also processed from the RAW DNG negative, is also a color interpretation, but it has a different, and to me slightly grittier, look or feel to it--

My problem is, sometimes I have difficulty making up my mind: I like all three, for different reasons.

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Jan 19, 2015
I've been using my GR II for this month's (July 2020) Single-in-July Challenge - and technically the following photo might be considered one of my 'outtakes' from today's (July 6) posting in that challenge - but I'm putting it here instead. My subject today was a battered old (1987) Isuzu Trooper vehicle, and my SiJ entry was a close-up of the tiny Super-Hero-Hood-Ornament which its proud owner installed. The other part of the vehicle which stood out to me was the large spare tire, which is normally mounted on the outside rear of the vehicle - and held in place by nuts and bolts. But the inventive and eccentric owner bought an inexpensive Halloween ornament which he has mounted on the tire---

This is the version I took with the GR2's built-in 'positive film' effect---

View attachment 227867

This version was processed from the RAW negative of the same shot, using Silver Efex to turn it into a monochrome rendition--

View attachment 227868

And this last version, also processed from the RAW DNG negative, is also a color interpretation, but it has a different, and to me slightly grittier, look or feel to it--

View attachment 227869

My problem is, sometimes I have difficulty making up my mind: I like all three, for different reasons.
That camera has the ability to change definite colour images into b&w ones for sure.

Latest threads

Top Bottom