Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

So to be fair because I really hadn't posted any, this is what I did with the Ricoh GR.

View attachment 73721

View attachment 73722

View attachment 73723

View attachment 73724

View attachment 73725

And just a few from Italy..

View attachment 73726

View attachment 73727

9484017236_3ed93684d0_o.png

Unless you don't like the size, the focal length or you have bad eyes like me.. hehe.. you can not go wrong with this camera...

I didn't post because I felt that people wouldn't like them.. and maybe some don't. There is a ton of street stuff on here or exotic places. Not so much of what I tinker with. And yes to an extent I am shy about it. And paranoid that people, online in general, might steal my little treasures, they have before. But how can I enjoy and not share..

Thanks Luke.

I didn't post because I felt that people wouldn't like them.. and maybe some don't. There is a ton of street stuff on here or exotic places. Not so much of what I tinker with. And yes to an extent I am shy about it. And paranoid that people, online in general, might steal my little treasures, they have before. But how can I enjoy and not share..
REALLY nice stuff Kristin. You should get over your concerns. Your shooting is too good to keep to yourself. And, to the extent that SOME might not like some of it, maybe some of their criticism will be constructive and useful. But I suspect most of us will like most of it. A LOT! I guess its possible that someone will steal some of what we post online, but I figure I'm not making any money off of it, so maybe theft is the sincerest form of flattery. Yeah, it would piss me off if it happened, but LOTS of things will piss me off if they happen but you gotta live your life and if sh!t happens, you deal with that then...

PLEASE keep it coming!

BTW, if I'd seen these before I'd have probably tried to talk you out of selling the GR...

-Ray

Jeez, Christina and Chris, AMAZING work. I love my Nikon but there's a side of me that wishes I'd also kept a GR just to be able to take part in such great threads. The Nikon was the 28mm for me, but its a much sleepier little community than among the Ricoh-philes...

-Ray

Candid Cutie

I'm still uncomfortable with some candid situations, especially with Children. But when they are cute, it's hard not to (especially when you have your trusty GR with you everywhere)
Ricoh_GR_Cutie1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jeez, Christina and Chris, AMAZING work. I love my Nikon but there's a side of me that wishes I'd also kept a GR just to be able to take part in such great threads. The Nikon was the 28mm for me, but its a much sleepier little community than among the Ricoh-philes...

-Ray

Thanks Ray appreciate your words. Im still learning my ways with the Ricoh is so customizable that im still finding the sweet spot, but now i get why the GR is ¨THE GR¨ the handling and operation is simply great. and the IQ is amazing. you should try it again Ray!.

Thanks Ray appreciate your words. Im still learning my ways with the Ricoh is so customizable that im still finding the sweet spot, but now i get why the GR is ¨THE GR¨ the handling and operation is simply great. and the IQ is amazing. you should try it again Ray!.

No thanks - spent a full month pulling my hair out shooting both the GR and Nikon, trying to decide which I preferred. And it finally ended up not being all that tough a call for me for the Nikon. But I'd plumbed the depths of both (and I've owned two Ricohs with largely the same interface - still have one of them - so I wasn't exactly starting from scratch!) and made the right decision for me. No point in having two cameras that are THIS similar. I'm just mildly envious of the more vibrant Ricoh community (which I've been a fairly active member of for a few years), vs the Nikon, which doesn't really have any sort of community, just a handful of users out in the wilderness.

But as for the camera itself, I'm really happy with that! But, yeah, as Joe said, this thread has really blossomed, so I'm still gonna hang out with the Ricoh folks, just as an observer and occasional commenter this time...

-Ray

But, yeah, as Joe said, this thread has really blossomed, so I'm still gonna hang out with the Ricoh folks, just as an observer and occasional commenter this time...
Somehow very reassuring to know you're keeping an eye on us Ray ;)

Seriously you and Joe are spot on, this is the happening place with some sweet images

Thinking about it the other day and I suppose the GR is one of the seeds from which this very forum grew, along with the Panasonic LX, Canon G series, etc. Many have spurred off from here: FujiXSpot, mu43, TalkNEX, but the GR remains in the heart of SC. So it's like coming back to the source. Actually it's how I first arrived here...those many years ago with my GRDii.
Mmmmmm.
Hey, Luke, put something on the turntable a little nostalgic.

Back