Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

Received today and managed a few quick grabs on the bike ride tonight, flogged a couple in Silver Efex
Congrats mate and a nice debut with a very capable digicam. Looking forward to seeing more once you are both more familiar.

Really fun to have a Ricoh again... hope we will see a new mount, GXR, or fixed 50mm GR from them.
Testify brother! I'm on that pre-order right beside ya.

Half Dome at Sunset

I did some hiking this past weekend in Yosemite -- just a quick trip to enjoy the trails. After a long day of hiking, I went for a post-dinner stroll. And just in case something interesting appeared, I had a GR in my pocket.

f2.8, 1/15, ISO 400, raw, LR5.
half dome sunset.jpg

Hi, I'm new here.

I got my GR a few weeks ago on the basis only of what I had read online and the images I had seen, which had that je ne sais quoi that Sigma and Leica also possess, to my eyes. The need for genuine pocketability reduced my options drastically - to this and the Sony RX100, not being prepared to spend the extra for the Nikon, and preferring the look and the heritage of the Ricoh, anyway. The 21mm lens option is very attractive to me, too.
So far I am basically thrilled with the purchase. The camera does exactly what I was led to expect of it and has not disappointed me in any way at all.

Two weeks ago, my wife and I took a short road trip to Calgary from Victoria BC, going through Radium Hot Springs on the way.
Here are a few photos from that trip. almost all of these were taken while in motion at around 100 kph, through the windshield, at shutter speeds of around 1/1500 sec and ISO 100 for the bright shots and 1/125 and ISO 400 for the overcast ones.
R2000561.jpg

Rogers Pass

R2000599.jpg

Radium Hot Springs is just through here

R2000632.jpg

river halfway between Radium and Banff

R2000645.jpg

same river, different view

R2000661.jpg

wildlife overpasses in Banff National Park. Wildlife use these to cross highway safely, being prevented elsewhere by very high fences.

R2000666.jpg

easternmost flank of last mountain range before the foothills

R2000727.jpg

1/6 sec, ISO 800 handheld at wedding reception

R2000757.jpg

foothills south west of Calgary en route home

R2000798.jpg

lake just east of Cranbrook BC

Man, I gotta say. Looking at all these "real world" shots from the Ricoh GR makes we definitely NOT want to run to the camera store to buy one.
I guess even a fine piece of the equipment such as the GR can be nullified by a bunch of hacks. I've taken better pictures with my Canon 100HS ($100).

The adage goes something like this; It's not the clubs, it's the golfer.
Are you serious with this comment? If so what is the point of being insulting?

Back