Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

A few from the hiking trails

Some GR images from a couple recent hikes. It's wonderful to be able to toss the GR in the backpack.

Hike.jpg

MdO GR 1.jpg

MdO GR 2.jpg

I did. I think you missed it!! You didn't like my selfie?

Super busy and stressed with work. Getting heartburn from work. I wish I was out taking photos instead!

Hmmm...not sure how I could have missed it Armando - sorry mate. What a handsome fella hey ;)

GR arrived today. Yes Mark, I broke down after all!

Ricoh-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Shooting from the hip?

Some really nice shots from the hip going on in this thread - yeah I'm talking to the likes of you Joe, Tom, et. al. ;)

I find hip shooting with the GR 'easier' in portrait format since the camera hangs more naturally like that, but it's a pain nailing the subject this way. So I'd be keen to hear how y'all shoot landscape format while remaining both agile and inconspicuous? I realise they'll be some trade secrets in here, so am happy for mere hints or splinters of wisdom.

I haven't got a case yet but find it comfortable to carry mine in my shirt pocket on occasion, and it's not a tight fit. I find it easier to grab quickly from there and the idea of carrying it my pants pocket makes me a little nervous, when I think about the potential for pocket lint and the occasional accidental high pressure squeeze if I lean against something or squat.
I sometimes wonder whether some sort of shoulder holster could work and even be the best solution in terms of comfort and accessibility if not appearance (unless you were wearing a jacket).

I usually have the GR on my side in a spider holster, which was used originally for my DSLR gear. This gives me very quick access.

Shooting from the hip?

Some really nice shots from the hip going on in this thread - yeah I'm talking to the likes of you Joe, Tom, et. al. ;)

I find hip shooting with the GR 'easier' in portrait format since the camera hangs more naturally like that, but it's a pain nailing the subject this way. So I'd be keen to hear how y'all shoot landscape format while remaining both agile and inconspicuous? I realise they'll be some trade secrets in here, so am happy for mere hints or splinters of wisdom.

Interesting scenes usually are about people engaged in doing something and mostly they don`t care of being photographed or don`t notice it.
View attachment 7692

Back