Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

Sprouts, spinach, tomato, chunky chicken, some kind of wholesome, seedy bread... reminded me of the 60's! I'm going to revisit that place again soon! Great restaurant. Wildflower Bread Company in North Scottsdale, AZ.

p861297069-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just a few from my first outting with the camera. I mainly shoot urban landscape stuff. Very nifty little camera, the first really pocketable serious compact I have owned.

_R010007-Edit.jpg

_R010018.jpg

_R010014-Edit.jpg

Newmikey, I'd been meaning to say this earlier. Your greys are awesome. What I mean by this is that it looks as if these colour images have some silver in them, in the skies (particularly the images with really dramatic skies) and in the highlights on the leaves, and some lead in the water. Makes for a very tanglible look, like a good print, even though it's digital. Nice!

Just another shot from today - testing out the camera. Wanted to take this shot for sometime but I am inhibited taking out a large camera, or even my RX1 on a London underground platform (with all the security issues that abound). The GR is so inconspicuous.

10348031575_78b63e5734_b_d.jpg

I should add this shot shows the transformation of the old victorian station of Whitechapel looking up through the gap in the now-removed interior platforms which allows you to see up to the a victorian school building which is famous for its proximity to the first Whitechapel murder.

Reminds me of the late sixties (the spirit and feel of which I can well remember and appreciate)... but we had nothing like the GR, for image capture, then.

On another note... I hope the future for the generation in these images is at least a decent fraction of what we are experiencing in the USA today, but that's not looking so promising, unfortunately.

It may well be that the "glory days" of the wonderful USA are now long since gone. :-/

Back