Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

Very nice shots in this thread, congrats!

10595919523_a10b0d0898_b.jpg

Winged Feet by nzkphotography, on Flickr

Hi everybody, I'm new and stoked to be here. This thread inspired me to pick up photography again and buy a ricoh gr. I feel the fresh air of a small powerful camera that my old rangefinder days used to give me. I had no idea these types of cameras even existed until a few months ago. I'm also new to lightroom as all i knew was Photoshop, and boy am I happy about lightroom! Anyways - heres some shots from a recent inaugural trip I took to London and Spain a few weeks ago. Thanks agian to everyone here who inspired me to pick up a serious compact.

10612497835_19de81668a_b.jpg

10612526694_2e0d93412c_b.jpg

10612499065_798e5ac501_b.jpg

10612499165_546361d34b_b.jpg

Thanks Chris! I like it too - got lucky. I was going to post this to Flickr, but this is the first picture that I'm afraid might be "popular" (used by others without my permission). Normally I don't care nor would anyone have any interest in my pictures, but this image seems unique. I'm figuring out what to do... embed my name in the EXIF, watermark (I hate that) or otherwise.

Isn't all the best images in history, luck? Capa, Cartier Bresson, you name it. Their best images are just luck. Not that i say it, THEY say it. Your skill is to be aware of the opportunity and happen to react and click. And you did an amazing job at it!.

As for the flickr thing. That is personal. some people love to share their images, others like Vivian Maier never showed any of her work to anyone. Its your call, but if it weren't because you posted this image here, i wouldn't be writing this, right?.

whatever you decide, if i were you, id print it and frame it and hang it on the wall.

Great Photos! I look at my rx100 as a nice kit zoom. I need to have GR( or the nikon A) as a prime:). In all serious though the one area the sony leaves me waiting is turning off and on, . How is the ricoh for this?

Back