Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

Nice shots Ripleysbaby, I really like the b&w one. Those clouds, naked trees and the rocks in the foreground...I can feel the humidity through my jacket (which I'm not wearing at the moment though).

Edit: Oh, by the way, I ordered the gh-3 and gw-3, thanks a lot Ripleysbaby ;)

Nice shots Ripleysbaby, I really like the b&w one. Those clouds, naked trees and the rocks in the foreground...I can feel the humidity through my jacket (which I'm not wearing at the moment though).

Edit: Oh, by the way, I ordered the gh-3 and gw-3, thanks a lot Ripleysbaby ;)

The gh-3 and hood offers a whole lot of protection for the GR's lens. i wouldn't have taken the camera out in those conditions without them fitted.

Finally got myself a GR... I never thought I'd be interested in one but it's turned out to be the greatest thing to happen to my photography in a long time. It fits what I wanted it for right now like a glove, and having a pocketable P&S with great image quality has completely re-inspired my photography. It got me to stop worrying about everything except seeing, which is just what I needed (y)

I've shot a TON with the GR since I got it a couple months back, but most of it's not up on Flickr yet. Here's some from a recent trip to NY for some street photography and visiting the Steve McCurry exhibit at the Rubin museum. I'll post more of the street stuff in the street thread too. I've also been posting all street on my Instagram account; most of what I've put up in the last month is all from the GR.

This is the one photo that made me break my all-B&W streak with the GR. Even I had to admit it really only worked it color :D

23577281351_9e80d0224b_c.jpg

NYC 2015-11-30
by jloden, on Flickr

23551131852_d15c65cbee_c.jpg

NYC 2015-11-30
by jloden, on Flickr

23577319691_7534e7f06e_c.jpg

NYC 2015-11-30
by jloden, on Flickr

23659762465_79fda0bf37_c.jpg

NYC 2015-11-30
by jloden, on Flickr

it's turned out to be the greatest thing to happen to my photography in a long time.

It got me to stop worrying about everything except seeing, which is just what I needed

Oh yes, so much so, that it's changed my habits to the point where when I'm in town walking back from work, I actually follow where the sunlight's coming from, as a matter of instinct without fully realising it. No way has there been a camera that's previously had that sort of effect on me. I'm now at that stage where the familiarity with the GR has brought down the euphoria a bit but even then, churning out images like the ones below is still standard fare:

23648008936_e694164562_z.jpg
Untitled
by Otim, on Flickr

23237977889_5b03bf26dd_z.jpg
Untitled
by Otim, on Flickr

23418384882_d0b7dbb9ba_z.jpg
Untitled
by Otim, on Flickr

22696581139_efd11acf6f_z.jpg
Untitled
by Otim, on Flickr

I now won't consider any future camera purchase without comparing it's overall quality to the images of the GR as well as the GR's usability - quite effective in neutering G.A.S.

R0001353.JPG

Back