Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

I was wondering about that too. I know it's probably asking too much, to be able to generate a second or third JPEG from that RAW and apply some or all of the changes to JPEG-1 to JPEG-2, so you could work with 2 images from the same RAW in a kind-of iterative process, to see which looks best. I never really know if what I'm doing is going the right way until I can compare 2 or 3 edits side by side. My dream for the future is to be able with an advanced camera, to produce a "good enough" image for posting here and elsewhere, with in-camera edits, and post it here right from the camera. With iPhone and iPad, the Web browser simply takes the image from the i-device 'Library' and uploads it. With cameras it's not so simple because they don't generally have Web browsers.
Well, you won't be able to upload to the site straight from the camera (you'd need the extra step of uploading to the phone, before uploading to the site), but generating more than 1 edit from the original raw - no problem.

That is exactly why I find my X100 such a nice travel camera - maybe for printing really large images I'd process the raw image in LR at some point, but for smaller prints or for posting online, even at large sizes, the jpegs are more than good enough, and the in camera raw editor allows me to make quite significant adjustments really quickly. It just leaves more time for shooting on the go, while still allowing me to share high quality images.

Some street art from Snösättra in Stockholm...

1605_namnlöst_001.jpg
1605_namnlöst_003.jpg
1605_namnlöst_004.jpg
1605_namnlöst_005.jpg

I was wondering about that too. I know it's probably asking too much, to be able to generate a second or third JPEG from that RAW and apply some or all of the changes to JPEG-1 to JPEG-2, so you could work with 2 images from the same RAW in a kind-of iterative process, to see which looks best. I never really know if what I'm doing is going the right way until I can compare 2 or 3 edits side by side. My dream for the future is to be able with an advanced camera, to produce a "good enough" image for posting here and elsewhere, with in-camera edits, and post it here right from the camera. With iPhone and iPad, the Web browser simply takes the image from the i-device 'Library' and uploads it. With cameras it's not so simple because they don't generally have Web browsers.

Sony cameras already have the direct upload feature in Playmemories app. Hope Ricoh and Fujifilm improve more in this area too.

Image1462721341.953303.jpg

Back