Ricoh The Ricoh GR image thread

Okay, here comes a super stupid question about the GR and maybe just digital photography in general...

Which would produce a better picture with a film simulation applied? For example:

1. Shoot jpeg regular b&w
2. Shoot raw and convert to same b&w settings "in camera"

Either way I'm sending a jpeg over to my device, but would the in camera raw conversion version be the better of the two? I know I can import the raw in LR and go B&W from there, just curious if the in camera stuff is going to yield different outputs.

This is painfully stupid, I know.

To go along with my stupidity, have a pic...
R0001251-2.jpg

All pretty subjective I'm sure.
Me ? I prefer the shoot raw process later on computer option.
Every time.

I do prefer that, the laptop is just with me less and less these days as I'm all over the place living in two cities throughout the week. The iPad Pro currently has a few apps on it, but I'm having issues processing the raws between VSCO, Snapseed, PhotoRaw and Photogene. I'm getting very splotchy weird files when going that route. So I was just wondering if shooting RAW only, and then doing some "in camera" processing would be my best route. Ultimately, I guess our eyes like what they like when it comes to the PP stuff. Just wasn't too sure if I was way off base in my head thinking about it now.

I'm not complaining either way. This GR II has been on me just about every single day since I've had it. Still just trying to learn something while I can.

Which would produce a better picture with a film simulation applied? For example:

1. Shoot jpeg regular b&w
2. Shoot raw and convert to same b&w settings "in camera"

Converting from raw to B&W/ High Contrast B&W in camera for shots taken during the day (the sunnier the better) is almost unbeatable, otherwise, I'd use raw. But that's still ok because as you've probably seen already, the GR raw files can take a lot of PP burning.

Back