The Royal Wedding. What did you make of it?

i look forward to a thoughtful modern republic ...

no more voting please

what we have is an imperfect system that is working fine and generally I would think that it is as good as any other in the world to keep our country stable and "democratic"
maybe all it needs, (or the best we can hope for in the near future), is "trimming" - "modernisation" - "updating" - "evolution" - which I cannot see happening as long as our dear Queen is alive.

But what we have has kept our country stable etc., etc., - even if we (some of us) have to ignore the disgraceful "overt" class and privilege system that cannot really be justified in any modern, civilised society.

It will be up to the "younger" generations to decide what they want from a future "Royal" family - I only hope that the "bad members" can be weeded out by a common sense approach by our "Parliament"

It is very understandable that this event has brought up some understandably strong feelings. Let's keep it light since we're really not a political discussion forum. There's so much to disagree about when it comes to "fashion" - and there were definitely, some very unusual hats.:drama: As they say - there's no accounting for taste!

I was not planning on watching. But ended up watching it on DVR after my GF recorded it. It was more enjoyable than I expected. I also watched Di and Charles' wedding when I was really little.

I enjoyed it immensely, watching the live BBC feed from youtube. As the wedding progressed, clarity degraded a lot, probably due to the millions of people also watching the live feed. The Beeb's cameras were so clear (at least in the beginning) that it almost felt voyeuristic. Catherine's dress was superb, not that puffy shoulder 80's thing that Diana wore, much more like what Princess Grace wore at her wedding.

I did wonder who the effete young fellow was, reciting biblical quotations during the service. Then the live update said that it was the bride's brother! That was a laugh.

Cameras were not allowed at the service, so any hopes I had to see what cameras guests were using were dashed. I kept thinking about what kind of camera I'd take with me, maybe even conceal a camera inside a hat! At least at home, I could take photos of the monitor!

Back