Sony the Rx1, simply the best camera I have ever shot with...

All this RX1 talk is annoyingly thought provoking. On the one hand, I got back from Hong Kong at the end of January with 10,000 photos, half taken with the M9 and half with the OM-D. I liked my OM-D photos but loved my M9 photos, due to the difference in full frame depth of field and image quality. The OM-D was a much faster and surprisingly, just as enjoyable, camera to shoot, though. The versatility and lightness of the OM-D is super.

So, as much as I love my M9, the RX1 beckons. It is smaller, has autofocus, can do much higher ISO than the M9, and has a virtually silent leaf shutter. On paper, the RX1 looks like a great alternative to the M9 with a 35mm lens, especially when I want something quiet and even more unobtrusive.

But then ... there's the new M 240. Can use all my Leica lenses on it, a shutter supposedly quieter than the M6, and video mode that promises to be as usable as a Canon 5D Mark II, which I use for work. The RX1 isn't up to those standards in the video department. Money for the RX1 would otherwise go to the M 240, neither of which is cheap! I wish someone could shoot a M9 vs RX1 series using a Zeiss Biogon 35/2 on the M9. That would be a really good comparison.

Just rambling!

8526196135_db86a0bc3b_o.png

PLEASE PEOPLE!!! Stop using that HTML from flickr!!! It completely destroys the experience for those of us who do not have HUGE screens and are using the "small screen" theme. I think I will copy/paste this into every thread where I see it still happening. Clearly, some people are not reading or paying attention to Paul's, Amin's or my pleas.

Back