The Secret Bunker

Briar

All-Pro
Oct 27, 2010
Scotland
Karen
100 feet underground, a remnant from the cold war remains ... today it looks like a set from Thunderbirds or Joe 90, but in its day it was where government officials would have co-ordinated the country's response to any nuclear threats. Here are a few pics.

The BBC would have broadcast the three minute warning from here.

Reactions: BBW

Briar

All-Pro
Oct 27, 2010
Scotland
Karen

There is a farm house covering the entrance of the tunnel that leads you 100 feet below the surface. The actual bunker is the size of two football/soccer fields over two levels.

Reactions: BBW

Brian Mosley

Regular
Aug 3, 2011
Chilling, actually... great set and perfect processing for the subject!

I know it's a secret bunker, but any chance of a hint as to where this is? I'd love to visit!

Cheers

Brian

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Those mannequins add to the creepy and chilling feeling, but you've upped the ante with your post processing of these images, Karen. You ought to see if they'd like to use your pictures in their advertising - a lot of people would be drawn in by seeing these...more than a dry, straightforward presentation. Well done! ...I can help but think that Peter Sellers would have been at home in there.:biggrin:

We've got something similar in West Virginia...but I never have had the opportunity to see the place. I'm not even sure they let people in anymore - perhaps it's still in use.:wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom