The TOY NERD thread!

_OMD0768.jpg_OMD0770.jpg

My PeeWee Herman doll, sitting atop the mailbox on a sunny day.

EP5_Mar25_22_PeeWee_on_mailbox.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

While nearby, King Kong and the Evil Nun are marching along the top of my ancient fence.

EP5_Mar25_22_KingKong&Nun_on_fence.jpg

And (I couldn't resist) here is a slightly different angle on this dangerous Duo, processed in monochrome.

EP5_Mar25_22_KingKong&Nun_on_fence#2(XelAcros).jpg

IMG_0260.JPG

I've wanted one of these big moguls for a long time. Finally scored one on the GW site for about half of what they go for used. It's taken some work, but it runs and only needs a few new parts to be back to full action. The sound in the tender works too. I hope to have it fully functional by the end of the year. I have the missing front truck but need some new rails and a new rubber traction tire and an electrical connector to make it just about perfect.

So after the last couple challenges, taking pictures of my kids old Lego cars I decided to take them apart and clean them. But in doing so I found that I really do still enjoy models and building Lego stuff.

So...... I came across a set in a Lego store at the actual retail price (I've seen it selling for $100-$200 over retail on some sites). It will probably take me while and will undoubtedly be featured in the next challenge.

20220412_213213.jpg

So after the last couple challenges, taking pictures of my kids old Lego cars I decided to take them apart and clean them. But in doing so I found that I really do still enjoy models and building Lego stuff.

So...... I came across a set in a Lego store at the actual retail price (I've seen it selling for $100-$200 over retail on some sites). It will probably take me while and will undoubtedly be featured in the next challenge.

View attachment 303166
Seeing as tomorrow is the 110th anniversary of it's demise, very appropriate!👍

The mouse.jpg

A Shuco mechanical mouse, which I grew up with.

It belonged to my maternal grandfather, he was given it as a gift in 1952 when he was hospitalised with ulcers. It has been entertaining his daughters and their children since that. I think I was somewhere in my 30s when I was allowed to wind it up, something that was unheard of untill then. That privilege belonged entirely to my Grandfather.

Today, on a early suprise party for my mothers 75th birthday held at my cousin, who got it when my grandfather passed it was brought forth, winded up once and let rip with his dancing and drinking shennanigans.

Back