The TOY NERD thread!

DM Larson

Hall of Famer
Name
Dan
For toys! Not cameras (even though many of us think of our camera collection as toys).

I am 12 going on 50.
DSC_3747-X3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_3750-X3.jpg

DSC_3751-X3.jpg

DSC_3755-X3.jpg

Share your toys! I dare any of you to out yourself as a Brony :flypig:

My car-driving couple, sitting atop a bookcase.

Bookcase Driving Dolls (Analog Efex).jpg

My 'Where the Wild Things Are' soft Monster getting a bit of literary inspiration from an old Master.

View attachment 287766
Much more than the soft monster did the Poe catch the bookworm's eye. What a wonderful edition this is. Holding such a volume and getting its scent into the nose is a special delight which no digital edition ever can provide.

I found this 2000 Honda CBR600F 1:18 scale model when I was cleaning up my personal effects box. My brothers and I love collecting model cars and action figures. I still haven't brought them out yet as I still haven't built the shelving yet. I want them on display just like the one shown by @DM Larson. I am thinking of creating something with glass and lights per car/figure.

I bought this in Australia in 2000 when it was all around Melbourne.
P1270595.JPG

P1270608.JPG

Good to know it has the 300 kph speedo!
P1270610.JPG

P1270624.JPG

I found this 2000 Honda CBR600F 1:18 scale model when I was cleaning up my personal effects box. My brothers and I love collecting model cars and action figures. I still haven't brought them out yet as I still haven't built the shelving yet. I want them on display just like the one shown by @DM Larson. I am thinking of creating something with glass and lights per car/figure.

I bought this in Australia in 2000 when it was all around Melbourne.
View attachment 288778

View attachment 288779
Good to know it has the 300 kph speedo!
View attachment 288780
View attachment 288781
Cool details on that bike.

Two more...
First, my metal Japanese convertible automobile, with its two handsome passengers, which normally lives inside the house on a bookcase, needs to get out on the road every once in awhile. Because, as Henry Ford once said, “Everybody wants to be someplace he ain't.”

PenF_Day7_Go_for_a_Drive.jpg

And second, because everyone needs a bit of fresh air sometime, here's PeeWee, out on the same road, smack dab in the middle of it. Why the middle, you ask? Because, in the immortal lyrics of Ray Charles:
Then throw me
(Smack dab in the middle)
I want to be
(Smack dab in the middle)
Ahhhhh, smack dab in the middle, boys now
So I can rock and roll to satisfy my soul

GRII_June16_PeeWee&Chairy_Street(#3).jpg

Back