The TOY NERD thread!

Early morning dilemma in the closet for Little Red Riding Hood's nemesis: trying to decide which outfit to wear today...?

7070_July22_22_wolf-in-closet(classic.neg).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As the great writer Richard Wright once said, "the artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination".
And just in case, I have another monster sitting in front of me on my writing desk, to keep the inspiration flowing.

View attachment 325097
Where the Wild Things Are - one of my own favourites, Miguel.

I fell off the wagon the other day and just couldn't pass up a car with sound at the local GW auction site. No shipping since it was local to me which keeps it cheap. Had to put a new battery in it and switch a couple wires but it works and has a nice box too.
DSC07733 (3).JPG

Car is in like new condition inside and out so no heavy cleaning required before use.

I added a steel wheel set to the car above so that got rid of the wires you see hanging out of it on the right in the post above.
This week I've been playing with my locomotive and finally got it all together and working!
Only thing that doesn't work is the front headlight but I can live without that. Sound is really cool, and it has magnetic switches to set off a bell sound when approaching the station. The steam sound effects really add to the realism as they continue once the train has stopped and is shut down.
Here is it's debut photo:
DSC03847 (2).JPG

Finally Done:
EM120699.jpg

The details:

EM120695.jpg

The instructions for adding the lights are pretty detailed about how you take apart what you just finished putting together.

_G000945.jpg

It is handy it's made to break down into 3 sections:

EM120630.jpg

And when I went to put it where I had assumed I could display it -- Luckily it wasn't another 5mm taller.

EM120708.jpg

More can be found here:

Attachments

• _OMD0938.jpg
    _OMD0938.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 36
  • _OMD0962.jpg
    _OMD0962.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 29
  • _OMD1027.jpg
    _OMD1027.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 34
  • _OMD1188.jpg
    _OMD1188.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 33
Finally Done:
View attachment 332867

The details:

View attachment 332866

The instructions for adding the lights are pretty detailed about how you take apart what you just finished putting together.

View attachment 332860
It is handy it's made to break down into 3 sections:

View attachment 332868

And when I went to put it where I had assumed I could display it -- Luckily it wasn't another 5mm taller.

View attachment 332869

More can be found here:
That is pretty awesome! How many pieces?

That is pretty awesome! How many pieces?
9,090, currently 2nd most (set 10294). 1st is the world map (set 31203) with 11,695. But it's all dots to make up the land and seas. The Colosseum (set 10276) is close to the Titanic at 9,036 pieces. But the Colosseum is about 2 feet square and 1 foot tall. The Titanic is only 6 inches wide, but about 1.5 feet tall and 4.5 feet long.

Back