the unofficial Impressionist Image thread

I've only just recently been exploring this whole thing -- camera movement/impressionistic images, etc. -- and am delighted to find that there is a thread about it!

Shot with iPhone and the "Slow Shutter" app, then processed a bit more in Luminar 2018:

Splashes of Color.jpeg

aKilter

Top Veteran
Real Name
David
I'm really curious, what did you use to get that effect? Of course if you tell me it's a photo of a painting I'll feel a bit silly (nothing new there then!).
The original photo was taken by closing the aperture to f/16 (resulting in a shutter speed of 1/2 sec.) and quickly moving the camera “up and down”, which resulted in an impressionist type image. Here is that photo:

I then “flipped” the image and processed it to look more “painterly”.

NoSeconds

All-Pro
Real Name
Troy
I was reading up about 3D images the other day and the different ways of producing them. I figured it shouldn’t be too hard to replicate a rough effect in Snapseed.

I took a single image and duplicated it in the iOS photo app, then opened them in Snapseed and adjusted the WB to turn one red and one blue.

1A83D4EE-4152-4A59-A02B-57A8466771E1.jpeg

132EB63E-DA76-4AD4-A202-1C5B5C556D14.jpeg

I then used the Perspective tool to tilt both frames slightly away from each other on the horizontal plane, before using the double exposure tool to combine both frames together...

77CDFDB5-C2A5-4CF6-9436-A6BD969D6288.jpeg

I haven’t had a chance yet to see if it looks any good with the red and blue sunnies but I like the effect, although I wouldn’t mind being able to get the blue and red frames a bit darker for more intensity...

Last edited:

re-note

All-Pro
Real Name
Rolf
Impressionism is a 19th-century art movement... emphasis on accurate depiction of light in its changing qualities (often accentuating the effects of the passage of time), ordinary subject matter, inclusion of movement as a crucial element of human perception and experience, and unusual visual angles.(Wikipedia)
This is my second attempt at contemporary photographic impressionism

P7051109.jpg

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom