• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum, join now for free! Welcome! 欢迎! स्वागत हे! ようこそ!

the unofficial Impressionist Image thread

aKilter

Top Veteran
Dec 7, 2012
I'm really curious, what did you use to get that effect? Of course if you tell me it's a photo of a painting I'll feel a bit silly (nothing new there then!).
The original photo was taken by closing the aperture to f/16 (resulting in a shutter speed of 1/2 sec.) and quickly moving the camera “up and down”, which resulted in an impressionist type image. Here is that photo:

I then “flipped” the image and processed it to look more “painterly”.

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Chaos in the raw compression scheme used by Leica. This is the part of the image that is thrown away when using DNG-8 instead of DNG-16.

This filter is not in Photoshop CC....

DO 5 INDEX= M9START/ 2, DNG9SIZE/ 2- 1
INTVALUE= INT( SQRT( FLOAT( DATAVALUE( INDEX)* 4)))
ERRVALUE= DATAVALUE( INDEX)- (( INTVALUE** 2)/ 4)
DATAVALUE( INDEX)= ERRVALUE* 127
5 CONTINUE

NoSeconds

Top Veteran
Jan 1, 2017
Troy
I was reading up about 3D images the other day and the different ways of producing them. I figured it shouldn’t be too hard to replicate a rough effect in Snapseed.

I took a single image and duplicated it in the iOS photo app, then opened them in Snapseed and adjusted the WB to turn one red and one blue.

I then used the Perspective tool to tilt both frames slightly away from each other on the horizontal plane, before using the double exposure tool to combine both frames together...

I haven’t had a chance yet to see if it looks any good with the red and blue sunnies but I like the effect, although I wouldn’t mind being able to get the blue and red frames a bit darker for more intensity...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom