the unofficial Impressionist Image thread

could not decide which one I like more (see #479)
P3126311.3I2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Thank you Impressionists.
IMG_0673.jpg
IMG_0692.jpg
IMG_0733 2.jpg
IMG_0734.jpg
IMG_0761 2.jpg

“Monet & Friends” - Immersive Exhibition - Sydney - March 2021
The multimedia format is complemented by appropriate background music, e.g.Debussy, SaInt-Saëns, Massenet. No spoken audio, only projected information panels on the artists, along with a timeline of the era (1860 - 1890). A similar exhibition in 2020, Van Gogh Alive, had preceded this one.

Last edited:
Just a little note: my aim is not imitation of 19th century painting but creating new visual photographic concepts in this tradition. Here are some ideas that I find useful without wanting to limit anyone. For me these depictions of what characterizes "impressionist images" are helpful:
"subjective snapshots … it is no longer only depicted, but states of mind are referred to … the photo is reminiscent of painting through blurring and therefore has the same apparent randomness … an attempt is made to break away from the pure depiction of 'reality' and to illustrate subjective perception .. the tendency towards the image as an independent and subjectively aesthetic art form ... the viewer should not evaluate the natural appearance of the picture, but the aesthetic coloring and lines ... representation of atmospheric conditions and light … one moves away from the photographic depiction function … blur used as a stylistic device … randomness of composition and image detail."
A quite large and yet interesting field opening many creative paths and focusing on aesthetics and art.

Last edited:
Back