Ricoh The Unofficial Unauthorized GRD3 International Street Thread

Norman, now that I see that series of three on a full size screen I can see what's going on in the third a lot better, and I like it even more. Very cool shot both in terms of the juxtapositions, the composition, the clarity of the image, LOTS of stuff working there. And I like this newer "gritty" series as well, particularly the last of the young woman with a cigarette.

Dorf, nice first go at street shooting. You have the idea, now you just have to get CLOSER!!! :cool:

Here are a couple of GRD3 shots I sort of overlooked when posting my Seattle shots from a couple weeks ago. I shot mostly with the EP3 on that trip but I pulled out the GRD3 on a couple of walks as well.

-Ray

View attachment 40352

View attachment 40353

View attachment 40354

Norman, now that I see that series of three on a full size screen I can see what's going on in the third a lot better, and I like it even more. Very cool shot both in terms of the juxtapositions, the composition, the clarity of the image, LOTS of stuff working there. And I like this newer "gritty" series as well, particularly the last of the young woman with a cigarette.

Dorf, nice first go at street shooting. You have the idea, now you just have to get CLOSER!!! :cool:

Here are a couple of GRD3 shots

Thanks Ray. I like all of your shots here but my fave is the last one. Those tatoos and that girls hair look really good. The angle and POV work well too - as does the colour..

Great shots, everyone. Even before these posts, all the previous discussion about Ricoh's GRD series convinced me to join in the fun. I've pre-ordered the GRD IV. Can I post here when it arrives or do I have to start a separate GRD IV thread??? LOL

-Jim

Some of my first grd3 street shots

this GRD3 is an astonishing camera (in my limited experience and technical knowledge). The following were taken on a dull overcast morning at ISO 64 at f1.9, 1/1000 sec using the "snap" function. More than acceptably sharp from centre out, clean photos too. Ray was first to spot this....I am just confirming.

Local town of Ingatestone, Essex part of the greater Brentwood which lies to the east of London (Commuter town)

6247513310_84b9f986f4_b.jpg

6247514668_05c63093fe_b.jpg

Michael. Just seen your last set. Absolutely, brilliantly executed and processed. Love them all......but in particular #2. the mood, the lighting, textures, reflections the rainy haze. Stunning capture.

Messing with settings.
I took the grd into my local town this afternoon after tinkering with the settings. The sun was low when I took this street shot with high contrast settings. I am amazed it kept any facial details at all!

6276865601_32117fd5ea_b.jpg

High contrast by petach123, on Flickr

Back