The Urban Image Thread

X1000201.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Travel photography with the X100V is an unexpected pleasure :)

M.

Apparently so - many people seem to feel that way :) but do you think that the fairly high price is justified?
That's a very good question. If you consider how small (on absolute terms, see below, though) *and* capable *and* enjoyable the camera is in use (even for a rangefinder buff like me who resisted it for a long time as "just a shameless copy"), I think it is - just ... However, I got almost as much joy out of using the X-E3 with 27mm f/2.8 (even though I only had the first version of that lens without the aperture ring) and the LX100 (first version). The new 23mm f/2 lens is fantastic, though - I've not missed having a zoom (like with the Canon G1 X III - my previous preferred travel compact) once yet. All in all, the camera is growing on me quickly now (after a rather slow start) and *absolutely* delivers the goods on a higher level than any of its predecessorrs in my collection - with the exception of the GR III, which it beats (in my personal opinion) in terms of handling. And its EVF (I think I've stated before that I don't much care about the OVF) is very, very good as well - not Nikon Z 6 good, but close. And I love me a nice viewfinder over the best of screens any day ...

Bottom line: If you can live with this particular set of compromises (fixed focal length, no I.B.I.S., rather big for a compact), it's actually worth it in my opinion. But, as always, YMMV.

M.

P.S. LOL - brackets galore ... sorry, it's late, and I tried to say a lot with few words.

I was looking for a sunset/sunrise thread for this but couldn't find one that wasn't natural landscape related so this thread seems to be the best fit as it is in an urban setting... Sunset over London taken from the viewing deck of the The Shard.

Z8110208-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was looking for a sunset/sunrise thread for this but couldn't find one that wasn't natural landscape related so this thread seems to be the best fit as it is in an urban setting... Sunset over London taken from the viewing deck of the The Shard.

View attachment 330969
Feel free to start a new thread in such a case: I dug around a bit, and none has turned up, so you're welcome to initiate one (there *is* an old thread, but it's only one post, and the image has been lost - so I may as well remove it in due course).

M.

View attachment 330969
there is THIS thread which has the word "clouds" in the subject title, but it's great for sunrises and sunset images

there is THIS thread which has the word "clouds" in the subject title, but it's great for sunrises and sunset images
Yes, but it also *is* dedicated to clouds ... I think a second thread won't hurt - I had to put quite a few images in "Strolling" because no simple sunrise/sunset thread was available; since it only happened occasionally, I put up with it; I probably shouldn't have.

M.

Back