The Urban Image Thread

coal harbour (17).JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

48356411561_db3b33ed74_o.jpg

Home amongst the shutters - Fouzillac - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D4-19 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Robert Louis Stevenson had an interesting experience at Fouzillac and its near neighbour (350 metres along the road), Fouzillic. Our wander thought the hamlets was in contrast quite uneventful, with this house on the outskirts of Fouzillac catching my attention.

Shutters wide open to provide some ventilation into the dark interior.

Day 4 of 12 - Langogne - Le Cheylard l’Evèque: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Not exactly urban, more rural - but anyway, these guys were working in the sweltering heat (35C) without any chance for shadow and cover ...

View attachment 202553

M.
We had a new conservatory roof fitted in 34 degrees a few years ago. The glass panels had to be fitted from inside. The fitters were basically just puddles on the floor by the end of the day.

43416127515_c5196cc772_o.jpg

Statue of Victory - Fontaine du Palmier - PARIS-2018-50 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Fontaine du Palmier (1806-1808) or Fontaine de la Victoire is a monumental fountain located in the Place du Châtelet, between the Théâtre du Châtelet and the Théâtre de la Ville, in the First Arrondissement of Paris. It was designed to provide fresh drinking water to the population of the neighbourhood and to commemorate the victories of Napoleon Bonaparte. It is the largest fountain built during Napoleon's reign still in existence.

48391473236_5d7276ccff_o.jpg

Le Refuge Du Moure - Le Cheylard l’Evèque - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D5-01 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Our accommodation for the night in Le Cheylard l’Evèque was Le Refuge Du Moure. Probably a little more luxurious Robert Lois Stevenson, which was the local inn, which still exists in the village today.

Day 5 of 12 - Le Cheylard l’Evèque to La Bastide-Puylaurent: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

48426932932_7b89b092ac_o.jpg

Cellar - Le Cheylard l’Evèque - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D5-03 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Wandering around the village of Le Cheylard l’Evèque whilst waiting for our transport to La Bastide-Puylaurent this building caught my attention. I assuming this is a cellar? I hadn’t seen one previously on our walk and as it turned out I didn’t come across one again.

Day 5 of 12 - Le Cheylard l’Evèque to La Bastide-Puylaurent: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

43665081904_751afe2aea_o.jpg

Palais de Justice - PARIS-2018-54 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The Palais de Justice, formerly the Palais de la Cité ("Palace of the City"), is located on the Boulevard du Palais in the Île de la Cité in central Paris.

It is among the oldest surviving buildings of the Palais de la Cité including the Sainte Chapelle (built c. 1240, during the reign of Louis IX) and the Conciergerie, a former prison, now a museum, where Marie Antoinette was imprisoned before being executed on the guillotine. The justice of the state has been dispensed at this site since medieval times. From the sixteenth century to the French Revolution this was the seat of the Parlement de Paris.

Back