The Urban Image Thread

P5083269.jpg

Movie theatre queue
P1140146.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Taken during Level 1 COVID restrictions which mean there are no restrictions. Still, Aucklanders still tend to practice bubble social distancing. I think it's in their sub-consious already. In Queenstown, I felt everyone was too close.

42503293850_d127c1c930_h.jpg

St Mabyn Parish Church Tower - UK2016-44 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

St Mabyn Church is a Grade I listed late 15th-century Church of England parish church in St Mabyn, Cornwall, United Kingdom. The church is dedicated to Saint Mabyn or Mabena, who was regarded in local tradition as one of the many children of Brychan, a Welsh saint and King of Brycheiniog in the 5th century. - Source : Wikipedia

51201501118_076fa6e02b_h.jpg

Convict Built Ramp by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The original ramp-up to the Fremantle Prison was built by convicts between 1851 and 1859 to provide access to the site of the Convict Establishment. In time it became the principal approach for pedestrians and vehicles between the prison and the city and was renamed Fairbairn Street.

In 1986 progress had its say and the end of the ramp was removed for the Parry Street extension which made it inaccessible to direct pedestrian and vehicle traffic.

Back