The Urban Image Thread

Quite heavily corrected for perspective (and cropped because of that) - pretty acceptable result, using darktable ...

P1050350.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

49308685241_b417c853e1_h.jpg

Fremantle Technical School [View from the rear], Western Australia - Dated Buildings and Cornerstones by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

This photograph continues my social history project documenting both the mundane and the interesting in the City of Fremantle and surrounding areas through the medium of Waymarking [see <a href="Waymarking - A scavenger hunt for unique and interesting locations in the world" rel="noreferrer nofollow">waymarking.com</a>]. The image was taken in August 2016.

Whilst the Fremantle Technical School is today known as the Challenger Institute of Technology, which is in turn the South Metropolitan TAFE, it started life in 1913 as a two-story building of brick construction in the federation Free style. It is representative of the development a technical education system for post primary aged children in Western Australia. It appears that the TAFE ceased to use the building in 2001 and in 2019 works where commenced to ready it for sale.

30084265057_f303bd66a2_h.jpg

The Cornish Crepe Co - The Camel Trail, Cornwall, UK - UK2016-84 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A tempting food stall as we came into Padstow but we showed resilience headed into town for lunch instead, alas never to taste the delights of the Cornish Crepe Co.

We rode the trail between Wadebridge and Padstow in July 2016.

49309162846_8c4f16b50e_h.jpg

Chasserades Urban Architecture - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-18 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A snapshot of the urban architecture in Chasserades and many provincial French hamlets we passed through on our walk of the Chemin de Stevenson.

Day 6 of 12 - La Bastide-Puylaurent to Chasserades: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

49406272417_3da43a78fb_h.jpg

Quartier Bellevue in Detail - Chasserades - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D7-04 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

One of the interesting village homes in Chasserades. We passed by as we continued our walk for the day.

Day 7 of 12 – Chasserades to Le Bleymard: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

45188543451_7fd314ed54_h.jpg

The Shutters of Le Puy-en-Velay - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-06 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

I got rather fascinated by the shutters on the buildings in the old part Le Puy-en-Velay. Both the colour and the contrast of new and old caught my eye with this building.

Day 0 of 12 - Le Puy-en-Velay: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

44625428784_2b0b5c6891_h.jpg

The Shutters of Le Puy-en-Velay - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-07 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

I got rather fascinated by the shutters on the buildings in the old part Le Puy-en-Velay.

Day 0 of 12 - Le Puy-en-Velay: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

30456952807_dc118a1138_h.jpg

The Historical Quarter - Le Puy-en-Velay - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-08 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

I got rather fascinated by the shutters on the buildings in the old part Le Puy-en-Velay.

Back