The Urban Image Thread

50975812272_3dc451fbbf_h.jpg

Eau Non-Portable
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

I am not quite sure what to make of this water fountain. The plate on the wall indicates the water is not drinkable; so, it is just a drain? Why the pot with the hole? The mysteries of France.

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-01: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

50982558972_67e76f632e_h.jpg

The French Way … Lock ‘em Up

I do not know why but I was quite intrigued by these French fire hydrants. Quite a different approach to what we do in Australia and maybe a better approach.

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-01: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

IMGP5529.jpg

Like you, Bart, I've always been fascinated by this mixture of past and present in French provincial towns. Corners where time stood still.
Your photos show that you've been in many places that I went to. My motivation was the mix of nature, culture and ... cuisine française.
Thanks for nice memories.

That's indeed the same reasons we like to visit France as well.
My pleasure to share :)

50998464831_03f3e647aa_h.jpg

House, 31 Parry Street, Fremantle

I initially thought that the building that Peter Stroud Podiatry is in would be heritage listed but I got that wrong. The house to the left in the photo is but. Must go back and photograph that building.

Still an image of Parry Street in 2016. You never know it may be of interested in 100 years’ time.

Back