The Urban Image Thread

That 'Fort Worth' is an impressive piece of public art........but how can that power pole [or whatever it is] be there???
Dallas & Fort Worth are interesting areas.

The two communities are philosophically 180 degrees out of phase from each other. Definitely yin and yang.

Dallas is very.... "cosmopolitan" and Forth Worth is not that far removed from the "Wild West".

My son and daughter-in-law lived in FW for a couple of years and we went down to see them a couple of times.

We enjoyed seeing both areas.

Dallas & Fort Worth are interesting areas.

The two communities are philosophically 180 degrees out of phase from each other. Definitely yin and yang.

Dallas is very.... "cosmopolitan" and Forth Worth is not that far removed from the "Wild West".

My son and daughter-in-law lived in FW for a couple of years and we went down to see them a couple of times.

We enjoyed seeing both areas.
You are exactly right. I enjoy shooting in Dallas, but Fort Worth and Austin are my favorite cities in Texas for street shooting.

Web 1500_ZFC_6407 Boerewors Gordyn_reds.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For those unfamiliar with the South African, shall we say, lifestyle; we are suffering an acute energy crisis here.
This is ongoing since 2007 due do ageing infrastructure and essentially major corruption, but that's another story.
To cut a long story short, the euphemistic term "Load Shedding" has been coined, which means rolling blackouts.
These are scheduled on a daily basis and we all have apps on our phones to check at what time slots our areas will be without power.
Up to 12 hours out of a 24 hour cycle at present, which may become more acute as winter's teeth bite deeper here.

Today I was in a shopping mall during 'load shedding' and I'd like to share with you what it looks like

Web 1500_ZFC_6409 Loadshedding DBNV-DNZ.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For those unfamiliar with the South African, shall we say, lifestyle; we are suffering an acute energy crisis here.
This is ongoing since 2007 due do ageing infrastructure and essentially major corruption, but that's another story.
To cut a long story short, the euphemistic term "Load Shedding" has been coined, which means rolling blackouts.
These are scheduled on a daily basis and we all have apps on our phones to check at what time slots our areas will be without power.
Up to 12 hours out of a 24 hour cycle at present, which may become more acute as winter's teeth bite deeper here.

Today I was in a shopping mall during 'load shedding' and I'd like to share with you what it looks like

View attachment 391058
That reminds me of the communist era in Romania where The Party would roll blackouts every night from 22:00 to 04:00 nationwide to cut down on power consumption. My parents used to grow up reading by the candle at night.

Back