the vale

My first thought was "There's fire in the sky"...saw the spiky silhouettes and then looked up! Wow - talk about a cloud bank! Great drama here pdh! You caught this beautifully!

:( I wonder what happened? I hate it when something like this happens. I suppose a Photoshop person cold clone it out pretty easily, alas I do not have that option to offer.

Such lovely, soft watercolor like colors... Evening?

morning ... oh it was just smear of fingerprint or somesuch, nothing desperate, as soon as I saw the thumbnails on the laptop it was obvious and was easily removed from the lens ... I had a quick go at cloning/healing without much success ... there's a surprising amount of tonal variation down there and though I've got The Gimp, I don't have the skills to remove something like that seamlessly

View attachment 32681
E-P2, Lumix 20/1.7, 1-3200s, f/2, ISO200

I put a similar picture into my PAD blog at Mu-43.com, and I'll just quote myself from there ...
pdh@http://www.mu-43.com/blogs/pdh/day-173-land-horizon-sky-2491/ said:
... took a lot of photos, mostly landscape, today ... all with the Lumix 20/1.7 tied to the front of the camera ... hmmm ... it wasn't until I started examining the horizon details closely that I realised just how much resolution this lens really has ... very impressive ...

Not the finest, but here for completeness, as the view is not often as clear as this to the far horizon

View attachment 32932
E-P2, Cosina Cosinon 135mm f2.8, 1/3200s, f/5.6?, ISO200

and a large crop from the same image, in which you can see Glastonbury Tor ...

View attachment 32933
E-P2, Cosina Cosinon 135mm f2.8, 1/3200s, f/5.6?, ISO200

haven't posted a Vale snap for ages ... nice soft watercolour-colours tonight ... shan't be seeing it for a couple of weeks, it will look different again then as the landscape greens

5538047588_caa80c0468_b.jpg

E-P2, Summicron 35/2, 1/1000s, f/4, ISO200

Back